Can not connect to mysql database

  • menon premja
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
      hi,
      i am beginner in PHP. just installed PHP and MySql. I tried to connect to the database using mysql_connect.but when i run this file i am getting 'page can not be displayed'.
      I am able to display a php page with out database connection details. Also I am able to connect to MYSql from command prompt,
      please help me
       -premja

      Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

    • Hemanth
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
        what is the code you are using ?

        Hemanth
        --
        Advertise anything FREE on Google website http://www.ValueAds.Biz or BOX AD
        at just Rs.550 per month (Limited time offer)

        On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 1:44 PM, menon premja <premjamenon@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        > i am beginner in PHP. just installed PHP and MySql. I tried to connect to
        > the database using mysql_connect.but when i run this file i am getting 'page
        > can not be displayed'.
        > I am able to display a php page with out database connection details. Also
        > I am able to connect to MYSql from command prompt,
        > please help me
        > -premja

      • Chidanand Byahatti
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
          Hi Premja,

          You are required to make some changes to Php.ini file, it's better,you
          uninstall the php and mysql download the latest version of XAMPP from the
          link below and use it as per your requirements:

          Link : XAMPP Download Click
          here<http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xampp/xampp-win32-1.6.6a.exe>

          --
          Chidanand. G. B
          +91-98456-51235

        • mithun mandal
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
            I think mysql not configure with php that why it is generating a error which leads to stop apache server. that why you are getting page can not be dislay.
             to configure mysql with php do the following  chnages in php.ini..
            1. check do you have mysql server install or not. if not then install it.
            2. ;extension=php_mysql.dll to extension=php_mysql.dll
            regards
            Mithun Mandal
            php freelancer

            i am beginner in PHP. just installed PHP and MySql. I tried to connect to the database using mysql_connect. but when i run this file i am getting 'page can not be displayed'.
            I am able to display a php page with out database connection details. Also I am able to connect to MYSql from command prompt,
            please help me
             -premja

            Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

            Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

          • thisistrinath
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
              You need to post the code you wrote for better help.
            • Vijay Srinivas
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2008
                You need to provide the user id (usually the localhost), login id and password. This could speed-up the connection. Then, in mysql_select_db, you need to mention the database name.

                Vijay Srinivas

                i am beginner in PHP. just installed PHP and MySql. I tried to connect to the database using mysql_connect. but when i run this file i am getting 'page can not be displayed'.
                I am able to display a php page with out database connection details. Also I am able to connect to MYSql from command prompt,
                please help me
                 -premja

                Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

              • Roshith Kaniyamchalil