Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or Chennai

  • Udayakumar Sarangapani
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 2, 2008
      I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for your
      reply and information.

      Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern embitel
      for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you provide
      me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
      php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*

    • Harsha M V
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 3, 2008
        nice discussion... my college senior... he's freelancing n earning almost
        15L/PA.

        theres no limit.. all depends on risk u talk and knowledge u have.. how
        shrewd u r to come up in life..
        bring it on boys... its all hiding in there some where

        {http://hmv.co.in}

      • mithun mandal
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
          Hi all,

          I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which gives me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom money which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.

          Regards
          Mithun

          Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
            I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..

            What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

            I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore for better job opportunities.

            Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to know the salary range for php professional on these cities ?

            thanks all

            Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/

            Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/bestofyah oo/

            Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

          • Ramkumar
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
              well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
              say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
              not a good idea.

              On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...> wrote:

              > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
              >
              > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income
              > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

              Ramkumar K R
            • Udayakumar Sarangapani
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 12, 2008
                Hi Aniesh,

                I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good things to
                you.

                You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e. 2.5 yrs.

                As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge and stuff
                to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package. At the
                same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense things. You
                are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning different
                PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla, Drupal,
                Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while using those
                different MVC and CMS.

                On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
                > not a good idea.
                >
                > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
                > >
                > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
                > income
                > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
                > >

                > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
                > wrote:
                > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
                > >
                > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or
                > > Chennai
                > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
                > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
                > >

                > > Hi all,
                > >

                > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which
                > gives
                > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got
                > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom
                > money
                > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
                > >

                > > Regards
                > >
                > > Mithun
                > >

                > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but
                > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

              • ram
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008

                  I thought it might be useful info to be added into the same series of
                  mail.

                  My company is looking for a PHP developer with around 2 years of
                  experience in working in LAMP/WAMP environment.We have got a new
                  project for which we are feeling short of a resource or two. The job
                  location is Bangalore.

                  The kind of role will not be purely in back-end, but will be in front
                  end development too. People with lesser experience, but who can meet
                  the following requirements can also apply.

                  The pre-requisites are
                  1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                  advantage, but not mandatory)
                  2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                  3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                  Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                  this area.
                  4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                  certainly an advantage)
                  5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                  6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                  configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                  jobs etc would be much desired).

                  The salary is completely negotiable, but the person should be ready to
                  join with the least time after offer. Those who are willing to shift
                  to Bangalore, this should be it.

                  In case any of you are interested, please send across your CVs to my
                  id - rmkmr79@... , possibly I can get my HR to call you for a
                  discussion very soon. I am not sharing my official id for the sake of
                  confidentiality.

                  Reply to me at the earliest.

                  Ram

                  --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Udayakumar Sarangapani"

                • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                    Hi Ramkumar,

                    Could you please give me your company website address?

                    Regards
                    Uday

                    On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > and stuff
                    > > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
                    > At the
                    > > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
                    > things. You
                    > > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                    > > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
                    > different
                    > > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
                    > Drupal,
                    > > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
                    > using those
                    > > different MVC and CMS.
                    > >

                    > > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                    > > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is

                  • amit sharma
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                      Hi Frnds ,
                      This is amit ,
                      i had worked on php for about six mnths in Impetus technologiesnoida
                      Now because of the cost cutting i have been sacked by the company .

                      kindly tell me some oprtunity if u have for me

                      i had worked on the Xampp platform

                      I also had worked on MVC pattern and ZEND framework

                    • ram
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                        Hi Uday,

                        I cant disclose my company identity at the moment. be rest assured,
                        its a UK based company, having its main operations in India. Currently
                        we have a project with an australian company, they are looking forward
                        to a joint venture in coming days.

                        In case you are interested, please send across the CV to me.

                      • ankur
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                          Hello Ram,

                          For 2 yr of experience if you find any person with all these
                          quality/pre-requisites,
                          let me know I want to say "dude! you are great" to him/her. :)

                          Jokes Apart :)

                          --

                          On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                          > The pre-requisites are
                          > 1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                          > advantage, but not mandatory)
                          > 2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                          > 3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                          > Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                          > this area.
                          > 4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                          > certainly an advantage)
                          > 5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                          > 6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                          > configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                          > jobs etc would be much desired).

                        • maq sood
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                            Dude,
                            Wats the big deal in it??
                            Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean each and every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection of the candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this kinda work... its not if he has done it...
                            So be always positive... Good day!
                            -Maqsood

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 16, 2008
                              hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                              am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                              developer. ;-).

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 19, 2008
                                We are still on the lookput for a right candidate. Salary would be the
                                best in industry. Any one with close to 2 years of experience and
                                looking for a change, do mail the CV to me.
                                Contact me personally on my email id in case you would like to know
                                about the company. mail to - rmkmr79 [AT] yahoo.com

                                Ram

                                --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                                > hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                                > am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                                > developer. ;-).
                                >

                                > On 7/16/08, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:
                                > > Dude,
                                > > Wats the big deal in it??
                                > > Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean
                                each and
                                > > every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection
                                of the
                                > > candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this
                                kinda work...
                                > > its not if he has done it...
                                > > So be always positive... Good day!
                                > > -Maqsood

                              • ameeta
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 28, 2008
                                  Hey Guys,

                                  I had been on leave for some time now and so out of all the wonderful
                                  discussions.. J We are still looking for Senior PHP guys .

                                  And the openings are in a big number as we are setting up an entire team for
                                  PHP who would be trained by German guys who are here in india for
                                  recruitment so guys if you are really looking for a change and want to be at
                                  the best place with the best compensation then barge in with your resumes at
                                  the earliest.

                                  Regards

                                  Ameeta P Sokhi

                                  udayakumar.sarangapani@... <mailto:udayakumar.sarangapani%40gmail.com>
                                  > wrote:

                                  > I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for
                                  > your
                                  > reply and information.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern
                                  > embitel
                                  > for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you
                                  > provide
                                  > me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
                                  > php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*
                                  >

                                  > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:21 PM, maq sood <maq005@...
                                  <mailto:maq005%40yahoo.com> <maq005%40yahoo.com>>