Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or Chennai

  • maq sood
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 2 5:51 AM
      Hey Folks,
      There is nothing to get astonished about 8L !!
      Yahoo! is one of the company which pays more than that...  AOL, Honeywell, HSBC etc..
      lemme add one more thing to Ganu's comment, your present ctc also matters...
      Ameeta,
      PHP is in demand these days you will have hard time to find php ppl. Well, best of luck though ;)

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 2 8:38 AM
        I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for your
        reply and information.

        Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern embitel
        for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you provide
        me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
        php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*

      • Harsha M V
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 3 9:20 AM
          nice discussion... my college senior... he's freelancing n earning almost
          15L/PA.

          theres no limit.. all depends on risk u talk and knowledge u have.. how
          shrewd u r to come up in life..
          bring it on boys... its all hiding in there some where

          Harsha M V
          {http://hmv.co.in}

        • mithun mandal
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 5 3:59 AM
            Hi all,

            I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which gives me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom money which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.

            Regards
            Mithun

            Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 5 7:30 AM
              I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..

              What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

              I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore for better job opportunities.

              Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to know the salary range for php professional on these cities ?

              thanks all

              Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/

              Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/bestofyah oo/

              Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

            • Ramkumar
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 5 10:14 AM
                well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
                not a good idea.

                On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...> wrote:

                > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
                >
                > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income
                > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

                Ramkumar K R
              • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 12 10:25 AM
                  Hi Aniesh,

                  I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good things to
                  you.

                  You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e. 2.5 yrs.

                  As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge and stuff
                  to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package. At the
                  same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense things. You
                  are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                  many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning different
                  PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla, Drupal,
                  Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while using those
                  different MVC and CMS.

                  On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                  > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                  > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
                  > not a good idea.
                  >
                  > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
                  > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
                  > >
                  > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
                  > income
                  > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
                  > >

                  > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
                  > wrote:
                  > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
                  > >
                  > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or
                  > > Chennai
                  > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
                  > >

                  > > Hi all,
                  > >

                  > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which
                  > gives
                  > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got
                  > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom
                  > money
                  > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
                  > >

                  > > Regards
                  > >
                  > > Mithun
                  > >

                  > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but
                  > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

                • ram
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 15 11:07 AM

                    I thought it might be useful info to be added into the same series of
                    mail.

                    My company is looking for a PHP developer with around 2 years of
                    experience in working in LAMP/WAMP environment.We have got a new
                    project for which we are feeling short of a resource or two. The job
                    location is Bangalore.

                    The kind of role will not be purely in back-end, but will be in front
                    end development too. People with lesser experience, but who can meet
                    the following requirements can also apply.

                    The pre-requisites are
                    1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                    advantage, but not mandatory)
                    2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                    3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                    Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                    this area.
                    4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                    certainly an advantage)
                    5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                    6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                    configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                    jobs etc would be much desired).

                    The salary is completely negotiable, but the person should be ready to
                    join with the least time after offer. Those who are willing to shift
                    to Bangalore, this should be it.

                    In case any of you are interested, please send across your CVs to my
                    id - rmkmr79@... , possibly I can get my HR to call you for a
                    discussion very soon. I am not sharing my official id for the sake of
                    confidentiality.

                    Reply to me at the earliest.

                    Ram

                    --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Udayakumar Sarangapani"

                  • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 15 9:41 PM
                      Hi Ramkumar,

                      Could you please give me your company website address?

                      Regards
                      Uday

                      On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > and stuff
                      > > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
                      > At the
                      > > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
                      > things. You
                      > > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                      > > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
                      > different
                      > > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
                      > Drupal,
                      > > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
                      > using those
                      > > different MVC and CMS.
                      > >

                      > > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                      > > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is

                    • amit sharma
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 15 9:57 PM
                        Hi Frnds ,
                        This is amit ,
                        i had worked on php for about six mnths in Impetus technologiesnoida
                        Now because of the cost cutting i have been sacked by the company .

                        kindly tell me some oprtunity if u have for me

                        i had worked on the Xampp platform

                        I also had worked on MVC pattern and ZEND framework

                      • ram
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 15 10:08 PM
                          Hi Uday,

                          I cant disclose my company identity at the moment. be rest assured,
                          its a UK based company, having its main operations in India. Currently
                          we have a project with an australian company, they are looking forward
                          to a joint venture in coming days.

                          In case you are interested, please send across the CV to me.

                        • ankur
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 15 10:44 PM
                            Hello Ram,

                            For 2 yr of experience if you find any person with all these
                            quality/pre-requisites,
                            let me know I want to say "dude! you are great" to him/her. :)

                            Jokes Apart :)

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 15 11:22 PM
                              Dude,
                              Wats the big deal in it??
                              Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean each and every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection of the candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this kinda work... its not if he has done it...
                              So be always positive... Good day!
                              -Maqsood

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 16 12:13 AM
                                hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                                am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                                developer. ;-).

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 19 5:29 AM
                                  We are still on the lookput for a right candidate. Salary would be the
                                  best in industry. Any one with close to 2 years of experience and
                                  looking for a change, do mail the CV to me.
                                  Contact me personally on my email id in case you would like to know
                                  about the company. mail to - rmkmr79 [AT] yahoo.com

                                  Ram

                                  --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                                  > hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                                  > am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                                  > developer. ;-).
                                  >

                                  > On 7/16/08, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:
                                  > > Dude,
                                  > > Wats the big deal in it??
                                  > > Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean
                                  each and
                                  > > every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection
                                  of the
                                  > > candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this
                                  kinda work...
                                  > > its not if he has done it...
                                  > > So be always positive... Good day!
                                  > > -Maqsood

                                • ameeta
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 28 10:12 PM
                                    Hey Guys,

                                    I had been on leave for some time now and so out of all the wonderful
                                    discussions.. J We are still looking for Senior PHP guys .

                                    And the openings are in a big number as we are setting up an entire team for
                                    PHP who would be trained by German guys who are here in india for
                                    recruitment so guys if you are really looking for a change and want to be at
                                    the best place with the best compensation then barge in with your resumes at
                                    the earliest.

                                    Regards

                                    Ameeta P Sokhi

                                    udayakumar.sarangapani@... <mailto:udayakumar.sarangapani%40gmail.com>
                                    > wrote:

                                    > I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for
                                    > your
                                    > reply and information.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern
                                    > embitel
                                    > for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you
                                    > provide
                                    > me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
                                    > php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*
                                    >

                                    > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:21 PM, maq sood <maq005@...
                                    <mailto:maq005%40yahoo.com> <maq005%40yahoo.com>>