Problems In Uploading large file ..

  • adarsh m
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      hai friends,
      I am trying to upload a large file having the file size grater than php.ini . it can't uploaded .. how can i check the uploaded file size grater then the MAX_FILE_SIZE using php..

      I am trying to check this way ..

      if(isset($_POST['MAX_FILE_SIZE'])) $MaxFileSize=$_POST['MAX_FILE_SIZE'];
      if($_FILES['fldocfilename']['size']>$MaxFileSize)
      {
      $FileSizeError=1;
      $Filemsg=" <b> * Can't UpLoad This File, File Size Too Long </b>";
      $Filevalidate=0;
      //exit;
      }

      but it not work why ?? have Any one help me..

      Have any trick to check the file size by using java script...,with out any java appletes or DLL or OCX files.....

      Please help me .. give an immediate replay..
      By Adarsh M

      adarsh m

    • ashok_wisdomleaf
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        Hi Adarsh,

        If you want to check whether the uploaded file size is maximum than
        that specified in PHP.ini then you should use: UPLOAD_MAX_FILESIZE,
        but not MAX_FILE_SIZE.

        Use this to check your program. All the remaining part is ok, it
        seems.(I've not concentrated on the remaining logic since the error
        is found in the first line only.)

        Okey, bye..bye..

        Best regards.

        http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com