salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or Chennai

  • aniesh joseph
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2008

      I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore for better job opportunities.

      Can you suggest good companies in these places?  Also I would like to know the salary range for php professional on these cities ?

      thanks all

      Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

    • ganu ullu
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hey,

        you have asked a interesting question.

        what is your definition of good company. ??

        and for salary range, I know some guys those who are getting 8 L for 3 yr
        exp with company size 50 only and 4 L for 3 yr exp. with company size 500+
        with CMM 3 lavel and 5 L for 3 yr exp with CMMi 5 lavel.

        There is no range for salary, it all depends on your knowledge, your
        negotiation skills.
        And most imp is for what purpose company is taking you, like for current
        project and urgent, for future, for backup etc. ..

        thnx.

        On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...>

        > I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I
        > am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore
        > for better job opportunities.
        >
        > Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to know
        > the salary range for php professional on these cities ?
        >
        > thanks all
        >
        > Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to
        > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

      • Udayakumar Sarangapani
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi Ganu Ullu,

          On behalf of Aniesh Joseph, I thank you very much for your valuable reply.

          Which company gives 8L salary for 3+ Yrs Exp?

          I have 6.5 yrs exp and 4.5 yrs in PHP/MySQL only but i am getting only 4L.
          Please tell me that company name.

          Thanks in advance.

          Regards,
          Uday.

          On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM, ganu ullu <ganu.ullu@...> wrote:

          > Hey,
          >
          > you have asked a interesting question.
          >
          > what is your definition of good company. ??
          >
          > and for salary range, I know some guys those who are getting 8 L for 3 yr
          > exp with company size 50 only and 4 L for 3 yr exp. with company size 500+
          > with CMM 3 lavel and 5 L for 3 yr exp with CMMi 5 lavel.
          >
          > There is no range for salary, it all depends on your knowledge, your
          > negotiation skills.
          > And most imp is for what purpose company is taking you, like for current
          > project and urgent, for future, for backup etc. ..
          >
          > thnx.
          >
          > On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>
          > >
          > wrote:
          >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently
          > > am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore
          > > for better job opportunities.
          > >
          > > Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to know
          > > the salary range for php professional on these cities ?
          > >
          > > thanks all
          > >
          > > Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to
          > > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

        • ameeta
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 2, 2008

            A very interesting topic being discussed over here.. Ya I agree with Uday I
            too have been in the industry for 6 years now, I did not find any such
            company yet. But partly I agree Ganu ullu on its on how you negotiate and
            how critical the need is at the companies end.J Keep writing good to hear.
            Am too urgently looking for Senior Profile for Sr. PHP Developers but hmmmm
            , Wish me luck guys hopefully I complete the task in the said deadline.

            Regards

            Ameeta P. Sokhi

            Sr. HR Executive

            Embitel/dmc Systems India Pvt.Ltd

            <mailto:ganu.ullu%40gmail.com> > wrote:

            > Hey,
            >
            > you have asked a interesting question.
            >
            > what is your definition of good company. ??
            >
            > and for salary range, I know some guys those who are getting 8 L for 3 yr
            > exp with company size 50 only and 4 L for 3 yr exp. with company size 500+
            > with CMM 3 lavel and 5 L for 3 yr exp with CMMi 5 lavel.
            >
            > There is no range for salary, it all depends on your knowledge, your
            > negotiation skills.
            > And most imp is for what purpose company is taking you, like for current
            > project and urgent, for future, for backup etc. ..
            >
            > thnx.
            >
            > On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...
            <mailto:aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in> <aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>

            > wrote:
            >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development.
            Presently
            > > am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or
            Bangalore
            > > for better job opportunities.
            > >
            > > Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to
            know
            > > the salary range for php professional on these cities ?
            > >
            > > thanks all
            > >
            > > Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go
            > > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

          • maq sood
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 2, 2008
              Hey Folks,
              There is nothing to get astonished about 8L !!
              Yahoo! is one of the company which pays more than that...  AOL, Honeywell, HSBC etc..
              lemme add one more thing to Ganu's comment, your present ctc also matters...
              Ameeta,
              PHP is in demand these days you will have hard time to find php ppl. Well, best of luck though ;)

              On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM, ganu ullu <ganu.ullu@gmail. com

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 2, 2008
                I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for your
                reply and information.

                Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern embitel
                for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you provide
                me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
                php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*

              • Harsha M V
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 3, 2008
                  nice discussion... my college senior... he's freelancing n earning almost
                  15L/PA.

                  theres no limit.. all depends on risk u talk and knowledge u have.. how
                  shrewd u r to come up in life..
                  bring it on boys... its all hiding in there some where

                  Harsha M V
                  {http://hmv.co.in}

                • mithun mandal
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
                    Hi all,

                    I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which gives me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom money which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.

                    Regards
                    Mithun

                    Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

                    I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore for better job opportunities.

                    Can you suggest good companies in these places?  Also I would like to know the salary range for php professional on these cities ?

                    thanks all

                    Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/

                    Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

                  • aniesh joseph
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
                      I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..

                      What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

                      I have around 2.5 Years of experience in php-mysql development. Presently I am working in cochin, Kerala.I would like to move to Chennai or Bangalore for better job opportunities.

                      Can you suggest good companies in these places? Also I would like to know the salary range for php professional on these cities ?

                      thanks all

                      Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/

                      Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/bestofyah oo/

                      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

                    • Ramkumar
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 5, 2008
                        well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                        say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
                        not a good idea.

                        On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...> wrote:

                        > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
                        >
                        > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some income
                        > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?

                        Ramkumar K R
                      • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 12, 2008
                          Hi Aniesh,

                          I accept Harsha M V and Ramkumar emails 100%. Both have given good things to
                          you.

                          You mentioned in your first email about your experience in PHP i.e. 2.5 yrs.

                          As Harsha told, Knowledge does only matter. If you have knowledge and stuff
                          to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package. At the
                          same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense things. You
                          are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                          many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning different
                          PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla, Drupal,
                          Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while using those
                          different MVC and CMS.

                          On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                          > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                          > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is
                          > not a good idea.
                          >
                          > On 7/5/08, aniesh joseph <aniesh_joseph@...<aniesh_joseph%40yahoo.co.in>>
                          > wrote:
                          > >

                          > > I would like to say my thanks for all members who replied..
                          > >
                          > > What would be your opinion about starting some sites and making some
                          > income
                          > > through advertisement program like 'Google Adsense' ?
                          > >

                          > > --- On Sat, 5/7/08, mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>>
                          > wrote:
                          > > From: mithun mandal <mandal.mithun@...<mandal.mithun%40yahoo.co.in>
                          > >
                          > > Subject: Re: [bang-phpug] salary range and opportunties in Bangalore or
                          > > Chennai
                          > > To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com <bang-phpug%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > > Date: Saturday, 5 July, 2008, 4:29 PM
                          > >

                          > > Hi all,
                          > >

                          > > I was working in company as a php developer and worked for +1yr which
                          > gives
                          > > me only 1L/A (max) even such company in Bangalore gives me 50k/A. I got
                          > > frustrated on that and start doing freelancing and earning good ransom
                          > money
                          > > which is some companies 6+ exp is earning.
                          > >

                          > > Regards
                          > >
                          > > Mithun
                          > >

                          > > Note: I was having very good knowledge and far better than a fresher, but
                          > > company treated me as a fresher and gives very small amount.

                        • ram
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008

                            I thought it might be useful info to be added into the same series of
                            mail.

                            My company is looking for a PHP developer with around 2 years of
                            experience in working in LAMP/WAMP environment.We have got a new
                            project for which we are feeling short of a resource or two. The job
                            location is Bangalore.

                            The kind of role will not be purely in back-end, but will be in front
                            end development too. People with lesser experience, but who can meet
                            the following requirements can also apply.

                            The pre-requisites are
                            1. Good working knowledge in PHP4, (PHP5 and OOP would be a certain
                            advantage, but not mandatory)
                            2. Good knowledge of SQL query development, database design skills.
                            3. Should have worked on any content management related project (On
                            Joomla, mambo, wordpress or Drupal). More projects are in pipeline in
                            this area.
                            4. Good knowledge of HTML, javascript, CSS (XTML, ajax, JSON would be
                            certainly an advantage)
                            5. Knowledge of XML parsers and SOAP (PHP5 SOAPClient or NuSOAP).
                            6. Basic web server administration skills (Skills like apache
                            configurations, htaccess , URL rewriting, PHP configurations, cron
                            jobs etc would be much desired).

                            The salary is completely negotiable, but the person should be ready to
                            join with the least time after offer. Those who are willing to shift
                            to Bangalore, this should be it.

                            In case any of you are interested, please send across your CVs to my
                            id - rmkmr79@... , possibly I can get my HR to call you for a
                            discussion very soon. I am not sharing my official id for the sake of
                            confidentiality.

                            Reply to me at the earliest.

                            Ram

                            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Udayakumar Sarangapani"

                          • Udayakumar Sarangapani
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                              Hi Ramkumar,

                              Could you please give me your company website address?

                              Regards
                              Uday

                              On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, ram <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > and stuff
                              > > to choose a right company, you can get a lot in your salary package.
                              > At the
                              > > same time, i accept ramkumar mentioned one. Dont go for adsense
                              > things. You
                              > > are a professional php programmer. I want to ask you one more thing: How
                              > > many PHP MVC do you know? and also the CMS. Just start learning
                              > different
                              > > PHP MVC (CakePHP, Mojavi, Zend Framework, Symphony) and CMS (Joomla,
                              > Drupal,
                              > > Wordpress). You will get more idea about PHP5 OOPs concept while
                              > using those
                              > > different MVC and CMS.
                              > >

                              > > On 7/5/08, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > well, i am working as a php developer and own few websites. i would
                              > > > say making some websites for the sole purpose of adsense revenue is

                            • amit sharma
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                                Hi Frnds ,
                                This is amit ,
                                i had worked on php for about six mnths in Impetus technologiesnoida
                                Now because of the cost cutting i have been sacked by the company .

                                kindly tell me some oprtunity if u have for me

                                i had worked on the Xampp platform

                                I also had worked on MVC pattern and ZEND framework

                              • ram
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                                  Hi Uday,

                                  I cant disclose my company identity at the moment. be rest assured,
                                  its a UK based company, having its main operations in India. Currently
                                  we have a project with an australian company, they are looking forward
                                  to a joint venture in coming days.

                                  In case you are interested, please send across the CV to me.

                                • ankur
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                                    Hello Ram,

                                    For 2 yr of experience if you find any person with all these
                                    quality/pre-requisites,
                                    let me know I want to say "dude! you are great" to him/her. :)

                                    Jokes Apart :)

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 15, 2008
                                      Dude,
                                      Wats the big deal in it??
                                      Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean each and every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection of the candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this kinda work... its not if he has done it...
                                      So be always positive... Good day!
                                      -Maqsood

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 16, 2008
                                        hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                                        am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                                        developer. ;-).

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 19, 2008
                                          We are still on the lookput for a right candidate. Salary would be the
                                          best in industry. Any one with close to 2 years of experience and
                                          looking for a change, do mail the CV to me.
                                          Contact me personally on my email id in case you would like to know
                                          about the company. mail to - rmkmr79 [AT] yahoo.com

                                          Ram

                                          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Ramkumar <mailtoramkumar@...> wrote:

                                          > hi maqsood, yes you are right. the profile mentioned is roughly what i
                                          > am handling at the moment and i am less than 2 years as a php
                                          > developer. ;-).
                                          >

                                          > On 7/16/08, maq sood <maq005@...> wrote:
                                          > > Dude,
                                          > > Wats the big deal in it??
                                          > > Ram has just mentioned what job profile expects. I doesn't mean
                                          each and
                                          > > every thing in there you should know... Lemme tell you selection
                                          of the
                                          > > candidate will be based on whether he is capable of doing this
                                          kinda work...
                                          > > its not if he has done it...
                                          > > So be always positive... Good day!
                                          > > -Maqsood

                                        • ameeta
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 28, 2008
                                            Hey Guys,

                                            I had been on leave for some time now and so out of all the wonderful
                                            discussions.. J We are still looking for Senior PHP guys .

                                            And the openings are in a big number as we are setting up an entire team for
                                            PHP who would be trained by German guys who are here in india for
                                            recruitment so guys if you are really looking for a change and want to be at
                                            the best place with the best compensation then barge in with your resumes at
                                            the earliest.

                                            Regards

                                            Ameeta P Sokhi

                                            udayakumar.sarangapani@... <mailto:udayakumar.sarangapani%40gmail.com>
                                            > wrote:

                                            > I am waiting for Ganu Ullu's reply. Anyway, thanks to you Maq Sood for
                                            > your
                                            > reply and information.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks for your support Ameeta. Is there any vacancy in your concern
                                            > embitel
                                            > for senior php developers? What would be the salary package that you
                                            > provide
                                            > me if i am selected? I think that you would provide atleast 7L for senior
                                            > php developers having more than 6+ years of experience. *Right?*
                                            >

                                            > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:21 PM, maq sood <maq005@...
                                            <mailto:maq005%40yahoo.com> <maq005%40yahoo.com>>