Re: Want to create a schediler progran

  • ram
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20 10:18 PM
      Create a batch file with following command (provided the same command
      runs fine in command mode).

      php YOURSCRIPT.php

      Go to control panel > Scheduled Tasks and add a new scheduled tast
      which run in the required interval.

      Your php script can handle your requirement of deletings rows /
      sending mail etc.

      Ram

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@...> wrote:

      > Hai friends..
      > I want to create a php script that will be deleting paricular rows
      from the databasewahen a cetain condition happens and alert the site
      admin about this deletion thrugh mail. How do i have to do this... The
      script i want to upload to the server. The PHP version is 5 and the
      Operating System in the uploaded server is Windows. I looked in cron
      jobs, but in my prior search in the internet revealed that it is for
      Unix OS. If u hav any idea, pls share with me....
      > Thanks in advance...
      > Syam Mohan
      >

      > Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to
      http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

    • syam mohan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21 1:25 AM
        Hai..
        Thanks for the reply..
        But what if the uploaded server is a shared server, that is we don't have the administrative rights to the uploaded server.
        Is there any way in this situation....

        Create a batch file with following command (provided the same command
        runs fine in command mode).

        php YOURSCRIPT.php

        Go to control panel > Scheduled Tasks and add a new scheduled tast
        which run in the required interval.

        Your php script can handle your requirement of deletings rows /
        sending mail etc.

        Ram

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@ ...> wrote:

        > Hai friends..
        > I want to create a php script that will be deleting paricular rows
        from the databasewahen a cetain condition happens and alert the site
        admin about this deletion thrugh mail. How do i have to do this... The
        script i want to upload to the server. The PHP version is 5 and the
        Operating System in the uploaded server is Windows. I looked in cron
        jobs, but in my prior search in the internet revealed that it is for
        Unix OS. If u hav any idea, pls share with me....
        > Thanks in advance...
        > Syam Mohan
        >

        > Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to
        http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/bestofyah oo/

        BMR - a key player in weight issues. Know more - http://in.search.yahoo.com/search?&fr=na_onnetwork_mail_taglines&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1&p=basal+metabolic+rate

      • ram
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21 5:45 AM
          Okay.. In this case, your hosting provider would have given you some
          kind of a control panel to manage your hosting account. On a windows
          server a commonly used control panel software is PLESK.

          In PLESK menu you can add a cron or a scheduled tast easily. Look for
          online manuals for the same.

          If its not PLESK, which is the control panel software your host is
          providing? Or no control panel?