Want to create a schediler progran

  • syam mohan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2008
      Hai friends..
      I want to create a php script that will be deleting paricular rows from the databasewahen a cetain condition happens and alert the site admin about this deletion thrugh mail. How do i have to do this... The script i want to upload to the server. The PHP version is 5 and the Operating System in the uploaded server is Windows. I looked in cron jobs, but in my prior search in the internet revealed that it is for Unix OS. If u hav any idea, pls share with me....
      Thanks in advance...
      Syam Mohan

      Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/

    • ram
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2008
        Create a batch file with following command (provided the same command
        runs fine in command mode).

        php YOURSCRIPT.php

        Go to control panel > Scheduled Tasks and add a new scheduled tast
        which run in the required interval.

        Your php script can handle your requirement of deletings rows /
        sending mail etc.

        Ram

        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2008
          Hai..
          Thanks for the reply..
          But what if the uploaded server is a shared server, that is we don't have the administrative rights to the uploaded server.
          Is there any way in this situation....

          Create a batch file with following command (provided the same command
          runs fine in command mode).

          php YOURSCRIPT.php

          Go to control panel > Scheduled Tasks and add a new scheduled tast
          which run in the required interval.

          Your php script can handle your requirement of deletings rows /
          sending mail etc.

          Ram

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogro ups.com, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@ ...> wrote:

          > Hai friends..
          > I want to create a php script that will be deleting paricular rows
          from the databasewahen a cetain condition happens and alert the site
          admin about this deletion thrugh mail. How do i have to do this... The
          script i want to upload to the server. The PHP version is 5 and the
          Operating System in the uploaded server is Windows. I looked in cron
          jobs, but in my prior search in the internet revealed that it is for
          Unix OS. If u hav any idea, pls share with me....
          > Thanks in advance...
          > Syam Mohan
          >

          > Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to
          http://in.promos yahoo.com/ groups/bestofyah oo/

          BMR - a key player in weight issues. Know more - http://in.search.yahoo.com/search?&fr=na_onnetwork_mail_taglines&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1&p=basal+metabolic+rate

        • ram
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2008
            Okay.. In this case, your hosting provider would have given you some
            kind of a control panel to manage your hosting account. On a windows
            server a commonly used control panel software is PLESK.

            In PLESK menu you can add a cron or a scheduled tast easily. Look for
            online manuals for the same.

            If its not PLESK, which is the control panel software your host is
            providing? Or no control panel?