MySQL License question

  • thisistrinath
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
      Hello, I am creating a website where every user can register for free
      and do few things, but I will make money by displaying ads on the
      website. So do I have to buy a MySQL commercial license for that?
      Also, in case I charge my users for the services I offer, now do I have
      to buy a commercial license?
      Please answer, I am unable to understand the GPL.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        MySQL has a flexible licensing policy : If you are working on a GPL
        project where you are developing and deploying open source software,
        then you're eligible for the free license.

        If you plan to charge users for servies my best guess is that you may
        need to pay for a license charges.

        The best option would be to write in to MySQL, explain your project
        and ask them which license policy is applicable for you.

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "thisistrinath" <thisistrinath@...>