Error when trying to send data using phpmailer

  • ashok kumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006

      We are running PHP through Apache on RedHat Linux 9, When Iam trying to send the data to the given email address using PHPMailer iam getting the following error.

      Message was not sent.
      Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: from_failed name@...

      Can you please tell me how to overcome this problem.

      Regards
      Ashok.V

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
        Ashok,

        It looks like PHPMailer is not able to access the language file. The
        following code in PHPMailer is what's triggering the error:

        function Lang($key) {
        if(count($this->language) < 1)
        $this->SetLanguage("en"); // set the default language

        if(isset($this->language[$key]))
        return $this->language[$key];
        else
        return "Language string failed to load: " . $key;
        }

        The language file is loaded at in the SetLanguage function:
        $lang_path.'phpmailer.lang-'.$lang_type.'.php'

        Make sure that the language files are available for PHPMailer to use.
        This should sort out your problem. So look to see if
        phpmailer.lang-en.php is available at the required path.

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > We are running PHP through Apache on RedHat Linux 9, When Iam trying
        to send the data to the given email address using PHPMailer iam
        getting the following error.

        > Message was not sent.
        > Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: from_failed name@...
        >
        > Can you please tell me how to overcome this problem.
        >
        > Regards
        > Ashok.V

      • ashok kumar
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
          Hi Vinu Thomas,

          I have checked the language files. All the files are in proper location.
          One more thing I want to tell is that previously I was able to send messages using phpmailer, but I have reinstalled the linux and qmail in my PC due to some problem. From that time iam getting this error,(using the same files). I want to know wheather iam getting this error due to some configuration while installing qmail.

          Thanks in advance
          Ashok.V

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
            Hi Ashok,

            If you've started facing this problem after the system was
            reinstalled, check if qmail is configured properly and the service has
            been started. This could be because the configuration of qmail might
            have changed after the reinstallation.

            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

            > Hi Vinu Thomas,
            >
            > I have checked the language files. All the files are in proper
            location.
            > One more thing I want to tell is that previously I was able to
            send messages using phpmailer, but I have reinstalled the linux and
            qmail in my PC due to some problem. From that time iam getting this
            error,(using the same files). I want to know wheather iam getting this
            error due to some configuration while installing qmail.

            > Thanks in advance
            > Ashok.V
          • ashok kumar
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
              Even after reinstalling qmail also, still iam facing the same problem.

              But I got this solved by commenting the below line frpm phpmailer class.
              socket_set_timeout($this->smtp_conn, $tval, 0);
              line number : nearly 126 in class.smtp.php

              After commenting the line Iam able to send the messages.

              Thanks for your replies