getting errors with Apache installation.

  • ambatisreedhar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
      Hi friends,

      I am new to PHP.
      I started installing Apache server.

      Then I visited this page: http://localhost:8080/

      Then I got this error:
      "
      (OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
      address/port) is normally permitted.

      : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8080
      Unable to open logs
      Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.
      18..."

      I tried to change httpd.conf file to 8085

      Now I am getting this annoying message:

      "It works" message is showing on the web page when I am trying to
      access this URL: http://localhost:8085/

      Please suggest me to solve these problems.
      Can you tell me the steps in installation?

      I followed this
      article "http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/Matt/install-apache.html"
      for the installation.

      This is my id: ambatisreedhar@... or ambatisreedhar@...

      Regards,
      Sreedhar A
    • ganu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2008
        hello,

        the basic reason for that error is may be your other application is using
        the port 8080. may be your IIS or may be some tomcat or something else.

        So now after changing that you got all the things working. :)

        The message "It works" says your apache is working fine. Check out your
        doc_root there must be some index.html which says "It works". In apache2 you
        will get a test script to test your server is working fine or not.

        just try to write <?php phpinfo(); ?> and see how the things are coming.

        [off-topic] - the mail you have given below is not matched with your mail,
        from where you have sent the mail. :) lol.

        ----