922Re: [bang-phpug] Re: The web pages in production are being run twice.

  • ganu.ullu@gmail.com
    Jan 10, 2008
      Hello,

      you can be rite bcoz the most common applications of load balancing is to
      provide a single internet service from multiple servers, sometimes known as
      a server farm

      now If we see your problem , you are saying only in production the page runs
      for 2 times not in your dev box. This is clear case that your page/pages are
      served 2 times, but in your dev box that is served only once.

      You can just debug the page, For debugging this kind of problem you can use

      - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829 ( Live HTTP
      Header ) so you can View HTTP headers of a page and while browsing.
      - Else you can see your apache server log and after parsing you can
      find , this page is served from where and with what details.
      - write some dummy page and test that. (with query insert) in your
      production server.
      - if there is a load balancer then I think the DB is also at two place
      and something like master and slave kind of setting must be there. (so if
      you say its inserting 2 times, then the DB object is called 2 times from
      diff-diff sertvers and executed. something like that ) -- this is just the
      thought.

      since the load balancer is just the technique so the debug is only the
      solution of this kind of issues.

      IF you find the solution, please update in the group, its good issue to
      discuss.

      ThanQ.
      Ganu.