[Bands United] Re: How is your Band Camp run?

  • marchinram2005
    Message 1 of 2965 , Jul 2, 2004
      please stargirl when u writein the group watch ur language. thanks.
      as i have all ready admitted my band is a bit of a slack off. but as
      starz has said each rehersal schedule is tailored to the band. we
      also have a lot of student leadership where each section has
      rehersals dependant on their section leader. we have only a few
      competitions and generally we score mid 80's to mid 90's and that
      keeps us in the top three. We've of course compared our rehersal
      schedule to others and have beaten many bands who reherse daily. Our
      director has enough confidence in us and sees that we can do well as
      our schedule is. I'm also asuming u must have more than one director
      since you hold so many rehersals we have one. plus the teaparties, as
      you call them, really do work wonders on the freshmen they become
      more willing to work with people they don't know well yet instead of
      clinging to their friends. remember what works for you doesn't always
      work for others.

      --- In bandsunited@yahoogroups.com, Jaimie Callahan
      <stargirl144238@y...> wrote:
      > Three f days, are you serious?...Hi your in for a rude awakening!!!
      that's the most SLACK OFF BAND I'VE EVER HEARD OF!!!!!! Our band has
      at least a month of camp before school starts not including weekly
      sectionals from 8am-5pm and then when we start school we have Monday
      nights 6-9pm and Tues.-Fri. mornings starting at 6 am till school
      starts for the day!!!!!!! We don't play games and we don't get ice
      cream! The point is to work our a off learning how to do basics and
      then the show not to have fun aka "tea parties" (with our band).
    • find
      Message 2965 of 2965 , Jul 27, 2009
        eow fellaz!

        Angel here of Saint Paul University Philippines!...I play guitar and i love to learn new strategies of plucking...