Re: I need help!!!

  • marchinram2005
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      wow u have to order your own uniform? we have two dm uniforms two
      diff sizes that we use every year. my suggestion would be either ask
      your director where s/he bought the marching band's uniforms so you
      can get something similar to theirs in the color you're supposed to
      wear (here its white dm and green band). or you can ask the current
      dm. just so you match or you could try www.marchingworld.com
    • Kasia Bryant
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        Yeah I find that very strange that you have to get your own uniform. At T.C. Williams (my school) the drum majors have the same uniform we do except our plums are white and theirs is blue and our like "cape" things in the back our is on one shoulder and it's red and their comes down from both shoulders and it's white. (our colors are red, white, and blue) and then the strap in the front of our uniform is red and theirs is white. But sounds like you really need to talk to ur director.

        -KaSIa-

      • Kasia Bryant
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          Yeah I find that very strange that you have to get your own uniform. At T.C. Williams (my school) the drum majors have the same uniform we do except our plums are white and theirs is blue and our like "cape" things in the back our is on one shoulder and it's red and their comes down from both shoulders and it's white. (our colors are red, white, and blue) and then the strap in the front of our uniform is red and theirs is white. But sounds like you really need to talk to ur director.

        • starz0114
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
            The band I was in was like that too. Everyone in the band, including
            colorguard wore the same band jacket. The colorguard had black skirts
            and boots to go with it and the band had black pants and shoes. The
            DM also has the same uniform, except that the male DM has white pants
            and shoes, & the female DM has a white skirt and white boots--
            exactly what the colorguard captain wears. The only other thing
            that's different with the DM is that their shako is white with a
            white plume, the band's is black with a red plume. I know our female
            DMs always got attention because they had short skirts (like a few
            inches above the knee (same length for the colorguard) and the boots
            had like a 2" heel and went up the calf (same with colorguard). All
            the bands we've encountered, their female DMs had long skirts. We did
            use to have long skirts, until a DM tripped going backwards in a
            parade up a hill and fell down. Future female DMs vowed not to wear a
            long skirt ever again and the remaining long skirts were altered to
            be short lol. But now there's a new director and new colorguard
            advisor, they want to order new uniforms for the guard... they wanted
            that for last year, but somehow the money for it went "missing". But
            the CG captain designed a velvet fitted suit with flare legged. It
            would've been sleeveless and for the cooler weather, they would wear
            black turtle necks underneath (red for the captain). Maybe they'll be
            funds for it next year. But the current uniforms are practically
            brand new, they were first used my freshman year (5 years ago) and we
            were able to keep our old uniforms- the hat, plume and everything
            lol. I did see one band with the same uniform jacket, luckily it
            wasn't a band nearby that we see often lol.

            But it's strange that you have to get your own uniform... usually the
            uniforms are school property. That's how it was at my school, dry
            cleaning was taken care of also (unless you made your uniform dirty
            before the scheduled cleanings for all unforms, then you'd have to
            dry clean it yourself).