Re: why you joined marching band

  • starz0114
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 1, 2002
      OMG! That's exactly what I said lol. I get more of a workout in
      marching band than in P.E., especially since I carried at 15lbs
      instrument (I'm a small person too). In P.E, there are tons of stuff
      to choose from. Each term, you pick a teacher and that teacher will
      have 3 activities to do within each term. After the term is over, you
      can pick another teacher with 3 other activities. Some of the
      activities are: pool games, roller blading, volleyball, basketball,
      tennis, badminton, weight training, floor hockey, golf (they're
      wiffle ball type balls lol), sometimes football and
      baseball/softball. I only like P.E. if I'm far away from the
      meatheads (jocks). I took it for 3 years, but I got it waivered
      Senior year. But for the most part, I hated P.E. I think it was
      sophomore year I had P.E. during D block, which is when band is. So
      after having P.E., I would have an afterschool rehearsal for band.
      Now that was tiring. The only thing that can take the place of P.E.
      is if you're in Naval Science... like that NJROTC stuff.
    • polyesterlovebug
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 11, 2002
        i'm pretty clumsy too. last year, i was going backwards and i was
        going so fast, i tripped over my foot and landed right on my butt.
        then there was this hole in the parking lot that would fill up with 4
        inches of water every time it rained and i forgot to go around it and
        went right through it instead and got soaked up over the top of my
        shoe. then, just this year, i was going backwords and there was this
        girl behind me. she was yelling at me and i couldn't hear her cuz we
        were playing so loud and i stepped on her and she went down. that was
        bad because it was during class (which we have first period of the
        day) and it had been pouring down rain all through class. they
        actually let us use the football field and when she landed, she fell
        right in a pile of mud and had to walk around all muddy for the rest
        of the day. i felt really bad, but it was kind of funny. thankfully
        she wasn't mad at me.