No one's talking! lol

  • starz0114
    Message 1 of 2965 , Feb 1, 2002
      Well, since there hasn't been a new post in a
      while, I'll tell you guys about the presentation that I
      saw today. During band, UMass Dartmouth's Creative
      Jazz Band & Kekeli West African Drum and Dance
      Ensemble performed for us. There was only about 7 people
      because the others had classes, but they did give a great
      presentation. Everyone in the jazz band was also in the African
      Drum ensemble. The dance people didn't come, because
      of classes again. It was interesting. The conductor
      goes to Africa every summer to learn about the
      culture, and the music and then teaches it at the
      university.<br><br>Yesterday my band director brought his 5 or 6 year old son
      to school. He is so adorable. The last song we
      played was Sabre Dance, and he let his son be the guest
      conductor. He was telling his son that if he put is hands
      up, we'll bring up our instruments and if he put his
      hands down, we put our instruments down.. So he did
      that a couple of times and it was so cute and funny.
      Then we played the song, and the song was waving his
      arms, then our director took his son's arms moved them
      like he was conducting. The son was standing on a
      chair, and almost fell over. That was one of the best
      band classes, and it was a day when my director was in
      a really good mood.
    • find
      Message 2965 of 2965 , Jul 27, 2009
        eow fellaz!

        Angel here of Saint Paul University Philippines!...I play guitar and i love to learn new strategies of plucking...