7973Bandoneon Action Regulation

  • Harlan Glotzer
    Jun 2, 2014
      Hello all,

      I'm hoping some of the technicians  will be able to help me answer a couple of questions in regard to regulation of the bandoneon action. What are the tolerances/values/"factory specs" that the action is regulated to? When regulating pianos there are specs and values that indicate when the action is working at it's peak. These vary slightly amongst different makes/models, but there is a range and a ball park idea to start from. I have to imagine bandoneons are similar in that different makes/modes have slightly different "sweet spots" but there is range of acceptable tolerances (which has be very difficut to find specs for!).

      My three main questions are:

      Height the key should be off the plane of the key cover when at rest
      How much weight/force (grams) it should take to depress a key
      How much "travel" a key should traverse until it is fully depressed

      These are the factors that I can puzzle out off the top of my head, but if there are values/measurments I have not considered I would appreciate help with those as well.

      Thanks you all very much!
      Harlan
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic