New to group

  • Donna R.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2006
      Hi everyone. My name is Donna. I am seeking info on a Foulkes family
      that resided in Baltimore City about 1920's on. This is what I have on
      them.

      William Foulkes-died in 1922 Wilkes-Barre,PA
      Wife Lulu (nee) Sherwood remarried about 1926 to Monroe Strong.

      Her children with William were

      Alice Sherwood Foulkes-she died unmarried in 1925 and is buried in
      Parkwood cemetery.

      Ruth Thornton Foulkes married to ? Ray. She died in 2001.

      Helen and Grace born in MD. I am trying to locate any living relatives
      or maybe someone knows of this family.

      It has been really hard tracing a family when there are no sons. I
      have them in all the available census years. Thanks. Donna
    • patricia garcia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
        Hi Donna:

        I know what you mean when their are no sons with the
        last name.

        One thing that I have done in the past is to get obits
        because sometimes they will list the maiden names. I
        have been lucky with that a few times.

        I am not sure from your e-mail if any of them died in
        Maryland. If they did, you can e-mail Enoch Pratt
        Library and request the obits. You must have the day
        of death within one week. Their e-mail is
        per@.... At the end of the e-mail put your full
        name and address so they can mail the obit to you if
        they find one. They are pretty efficient and have
        helped me in the past.

        I wish you lots of luck with your search for
        ancestors.

        Pat Kenney

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • CWR4586@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2006
          Donna,

             Since you have the best in on Alice Sherwood Foulkes, you should
          look up her date of death at http://mdvitalrec.net.  In this case, I did
          that for you and found her listed as FOULKE, Alice S. and she died
          on 27 June 1925 in Baltimore County.  With that you should contact
          the Enoch Pratt library requesting a search for her obit with that
          date of death. Hopefully you will get info on her sister's married
          name.  With that info you can look up her date of death in the
          Social Security Death Index at http://www.familysearch.org.

          Chuck

          ------------------------------------

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2006
            Thanks for the advice Chuck. I do already have the death certificate
            for Alice Foulke and I did get the obit from the library. My problem
            is finding info on the 2 sisters I believe may still be living. When
            Alice died the sisters were too young to be married. The sister Ruth
            died in 2001 (I also have her obit, found her last name on a
            photograph after my mother died) and it makes no mention of who her
            parents or siblings were. The sister Helen was born abt. 1917 and
            Grace abt. 1919 so they are up there in age. Donna

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2006
              Thanks for the info Pat. My mom was a Kenney but she was born in
              Wilkes-Barre, PA. The 2 oldest daughters are deceased and I do have
              their obits. Nothing to lead me further. I have tried to contact the
              daughter of Ruth but no luck so far. They both died in the Baltimore
              area. I am trying to figure out where or what happened to the 2
              daughters I think might still be living. Thanks. Donna

              --- In baltocity@yahoogroups.com, patricia garcia <garciakenney@...>