CfP: Social, Political and Economic Change in the Western Balkans, RRPP Annual Conference, Montenegro 27-28 May 2011 [DL 10 Jan]
- Topic: "Social, Political and Economic Change in the Western Balkans"
Montenegro, 27-28 May, 2011
Interested young researchers and scientists are invited to apply to participate at the RRPP Annual Conference. The main objectives of the conference are:
* to provide opportunities for younger researchers dealing with the region to meet, network, exchange and discuss their research projects, results and ideas;
* to discuss the challenges, contradictions and ambivalences of the transformation process, with which the social sciences are confronted in the Balkans.
* PhD students dealing with the Western Balkans, eager to present and discuss their research work with colleagues from the region and beyond (especially current PhD projects and/or research results) that relate to the topic "Social, Political and Economic Change in the Western Balkans";
* Papers to be presented can deal with the region in general, or with the change-processes in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia in particular;
* For more information about the RRPP's current research projects, please consult the RRPP Website, section Current Projects<http://www.rrpp-westernbalkans.net/research?phpMyAdmin=f72f1c3ac670ace9c6f45f52160020de>.
The selected candidates will be able to present and discuss their work in one of the methodological or thematic workshops, where researchers involved in the RRPP research projects will also present their studies, final research results and methodological issues.
All interested candidates should submit a short Curriculum Vitae (one page), an abstract of the proposed conference paper (300 words) and a short letter of motivation till 10 January 2011 to jasmina.opardija@...<mailto:jasmina.opardija@...>. All documents need to be merged into a single pdf file. The evaluation process of abstracts should be completed till 10 February 2011. Successful candidates will be subsequently asked to submit their complete research papers (up to 5000 words) till 10 May 2011. Please note that you might be invited to re-submit your work after the conference, as we are planning to publish a joint volume including the best papers presented.
For those accepted, the RRPP Management will cover travel and accommodation expenses, and/or provide opportunities for co-financing if the travel costs in individual cases exceed the average expenses per participant coming to the conference.
The selected participants will be informed about the programme and specific workshops of the conference in due time.
The organisers reserve the right to limit the number of applicants accepted to participate at the conference.
Jasmina Opardija Susnjar
Regional Research Promotion Programme in the Western Balkans - RRPP
University of Fribourg / Interfaculty Institute for Central and Eastern Europe (IICEE)
Bd de Pérolles 90
Phone: +41 (26) 300 7769
Mobile: +41 (79) 503 64 17
Office hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]