Query: Cultural Politics Albania /Seeking Albanian Statistcs

  • Geneva Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2000
      Dear List Members,
      I am currently writing an article on cultural politics in Albania and I am
      looking to correspond with someone who might share this interest who
      is currently in Albania or who was in Albania during the period in
      which Edi Rama was Minister of Culture. I have a fairly wide range
      of sources but am seeking to broaden my base.
      I am also seeking to confirm the following statistics...which I pulled from
      an article recently appearing in Central Europe Review...
      two studies(?)
      does anyone have any connections with the two institutions cited or with
      those who gathered this information? Center for the Study of Refugees
      and Social and Economic Studies Center ??

      As much as 41 percent of Albanian intellectuals graduated from university
      degree programs have emigrated over the past 10 years. The results were
      presented
      at a seminar on the consequences of the emigration of the Albanian élite by
      the Center
      for the Study of Refugees.

      Similarly, the Social and Economic Studies Center has found that, in the 31
      to 40 year-old age range, approximately 50 percent of Albanian intellectuals
      have left the country, of
      which 32 percent were women and 67 percent men.

      I am specifically looking for statistics on artists.

      thanks!
      Geneva Anderson