Job: Projectmanager Belgrade, Rosa Luxemburg Foundation

  • Boris Kanzleiter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2010
      Dear collegues,

      maybe you know somebody who would be interested in working as a project manager for the Belgrade office of Rosa Luxemburg Foundation. We are looking for applications.

      I hope you had a good start into 2010.

      Best,
      Boris Kanzleiter

      Belgrade office of Rosa Luxemburg Foundation – Job announcement

      The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (RLF) is a German political foundation. It is a provider of political education and a centre for discussion of progressive social thinking and research both in Germany and throughout the world. Together with partner organizations RLF develops projects which contribute to social justice, democratization and the empowerment of marginalized groups. It cooperates mainly with non-governmental organizations, social movements and academic institutions. Besides of the Berlin headquarters, RLF operates 13 regional offices in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. In spring 2010 it will open a new office in Belgrade to coordinate its work in South-East Europe.

      The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is looking for a

      Project manager

      to start work as soon as possible, preferably no later than April 2010.

      Main responsibilities:

      - Coordination of existing projects in the area of South-East Europe
      - Planning and development of new projects
      - Communication with partner organizations
      - Planning, organizing and realizing conferences, workshops, lectures etc.
      - Support in establishing the new Belgrade office
      - Research and analysis of political issues

      Required qualifications:

      - Masters degree in social sciences, sociology, political science, history or other equivalent university degree
      - Experience in work in political education, political activism and project management
      - Excellent knowledge of the political landscape in South-East Europe
      - Identification with the general political aims of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation
      - Excellent knowledge of Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian and English. Additional knowledge of German language is an advantage.
      - Computer skills
      - Driving license

      We would like our project manager to be a good team worker, at the same time acting and thinking independently. The person should be open-minded, sensitive to intercultural issues and ready to take responsibility.

      The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation offers a full-time contract for one year with the possibility of prolongation. Pay and benefits are comparable to other major international non-governmental organisations.

      Please send your Email application until 7th February 2010 to Mr. Boris Kanzleiter
      kanzleiter@...

      For further information about Rosa Luxemburg Foundation see www.rosalux.de