CfP:ANALYTICAL, New Security Challenges for the Western Balkans

  • Balkan Academic News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16 12:40 AM
      From: Natasha Hroneska <nhroneska@...>

      Call for Papers, June 2009

      ANALYTICAL, VOL: 2, No: 2

      Analytical is an electronic journal published by Analytica, which is
      focused on studying and analyzing the recent and ongoing socio-political
      and economic developments in the Western Balkans and the wider region.
      The journal will include contributions that approach the subject area –
      countries of the Western Balkans – from various perspectives: political,
      IR, economic, historical, sociological, educational, etc.

      Analytical now accepts submissions for the fourth issue. The topic of
      the upcoming issue is:

      New Security Challenges for the Western Balkans

      Stirred by the post-conflict period of security sector reconstruction;
      emergence of new states; NATO enlargement as well as the EU integration
      prospects; the (still present) status of drug/THB/crime route to the
      countries from Western Europe; and other emerging security developments,
      Analytica announces this call for papers for the fourth issue of its
      electronic journal Analytical. The contributions are expected to address
      the new security challenges which the Western Balkans are facing.

      Whilst, our aim is to represent a wide spectrum of disciplines and
      approaches, we strongly encourage comparative and multi-disciplinary
      perspectives, and welcome proposals using new research methodologies. We
      invite submission of original research papers including but not limited
      to the following themes:

      -Security studies, NATO and EU integrations, Regionalism, Regional
      Cooperation, Transitional Justice.

      -International Relations, EU politics, Law, Geopolitics of Energy,
      Administration and Institutions, International Organizations, Energy
      policy, security and stability in Southeast Europe.

      -Social Policy, Sustainable Development, Urban Development.

      We strongly encourage cross-cultural, cross-national and
      multi-disciplinary perspectives, with entries on new research
      methodologies welcomed.

      Important Note:

      - The papers should be original and not previously
      published.

      Format:

      - MS Word Document

      - Papers should be written in Chicago referencing
      style: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chicago_Manual_of_Style).

      - Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 lines spacing, 2cm
      margins.

      - Limited to 2500 - 5000 words (including bibliography)

      Paper abstracts of up to 500 words and a resume should be sent with full
      contact details (E-mail, Telephone, Postal Address) to
      journal@....

      Deadline for abstracts is 15 July 2009.

      Final deadline for papers is 15 September 2009.