Cancelled: What is Kemalism?...

  • Balkan Academic News
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      From: "sener.akturk" <sener.akturk@...>

      URGENT

      CANCELLED: Conference titled "What is Kemalism? What does it Mean to
      Different People" is now CANCELLED.

      Thursday, November 8, 2007.

      The Conference titled,"What is Kemalism? What does it Mean to
      Different People?", which was announced last week, to take place at UC
      Berkeley in April 4-5, 2008, is CANCELLED due to unforeseen
      developments. Given that the very first call for papers was sent out
      less than two weeks ago, we hope this early cancellation did not cause
      you any trouble; and we apologize for any inconvenience to you.

      Unfortunately, any further inquires/questions about the conference,
      which is now cancelled, may not be answered.

      The 3 scholars who already submitted abstracts are already notified
      individually about this cancellation; and any future submissions will
      be answered by this e-mail as a response. If you forwarded the call
      for papers last week to other people or listservs, please be kind
      enough to those other people and members of listservs to forward this
      CANCELLATION e-mail as well. We thank you for your time and understanding,

      -Sener Akturk ve Nilgun Bayraktar.

      10:52 PM