CfP: History, Politics, Rights, International value? Trieste/Goriza, 27-29.11.2006

  • Julija Baranovska
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2006
      Non-Violence

      History, Politics, Rights, International value?

      Trieste/Gorizia
      Italy
      27-29 November 2006

      THE EVENT:

      What do violence and non-violence mean in today’s world? What are the historical, legal, political perspectives on these concepts? In connection with the Universally recognised “Non-Violence Day”, yearly festivity of Gandhi Jayanti (2nd October 1869 – Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday), and the National Day of India, ASSP (Associazione Studenti di Scienze Politiche) and The Group of Afro-Oriental Studies of the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Trieste invite you to discover the answer to these questions within the IAPSS Annual Academic Conference 2006.

      The theme of Non-Violence will be presented and debated within
      · conference sessions, lead by important figures in the field, and
      · student panels, where students are invited to present their research on the topic

      WHAT TO DO:

      Candidates are required to submit an opinion essay of 4-5 pages (Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 lines) on the theme of Non-Violence, dealt with from one or several of the political, historical, religious and international politics point of view.

      Applications will be received until 10th October 2006.

      Full accommodation will be covered.

      The Application Form as well as additional information on the Conference is available at http://iapss.org/conference/aac06/aac.html
      For questions or observations, please write to us at aac2006@...

      We most proudly welcome you! Take the chance to better understand Non-Violence, to learn and express your ideas in an exclusive international environment of students and experts in the field. Apply to the IAPSS Annual Academic Conference 2006!
      What are you expected to do in order to participate:

      Candidates are expected to submit a Working Paper , maximum 5 pages on the
      following themes:
      - Non-violence, a political, historical and religious and international
      politics point of view.
      Maximum 20 students are going to be accepted to this AAC, selected on the
      basis of their essays, which are going to be read by members of our
      association in collaboration with some professors composing the scientific
      committee of the conference.

      Application form:

      The student application form can be downloaded on the IAPSS website
      www.iapss.org , or on our website, wich works are still in progress.

      Deadline:

      Applications will be received until the 2nd September 2006.

      Accomodations and participation fee:

      The accommodation is going to be provided by our association.
      The participation fee has still to be defined ( 80-100 Euros)
      Travel costs are not included.

      We are waiting for you!

      Yuliya Baranovska
      IAPSS Volonteer
      [t:+386 41 259 768]
      [e: julybaranovska@...]

      International Association for Political Science Students
      Kongresni trg 12
      Ljubljana, Slovenia