CfA: Lost Highway Expedition through the nine capitals of the Western Balkans, open participation, 30.7-24.8.2006

  • Balkan Academic News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      From: "nao" <thenao@...>

      Ljubljana, Zagreb, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Skopje, Pristina, Tirana, Podgorica,
      Sarajevo
      July 30 – August 24, 2006

      Centrala Foundation for Future Cities and School of Missing Studies

      LOST HIGHWAY EXPEDITION

      Open c
      all for participation
      register and open posting at:
      http://www.europelostandfound.net/

      Centrala Foundation for Future Cities and School of Missing Studies would
      like to invite you to participate in Lost Highway Expedition, a massive
      movement of individuals that will pass through Ljubljana, Zagreb, Novi Sad,
      Belgrade, Skopje, Priština, Tirana, Podgorica and Sarajevo, from July 30 to
      August 24 of 2006. Lost Highway Expedition (LHE) is about constructing and
      experiencing an experimental network-based civic society that navigates the
      new and dynamic territorialities of the Western Balkans and explores new
      modes of linking its different entities.

      While on the road, Lost Highway Expedition will travel around the future of
      the Western Balkans and European Union and produce projects about:

      a) borders as creative spaces,
      b) citizenship and negotiation of citizens rights,
      c) interactions between vertical authority and bottom-up initiatives,
      d) architectural inventions coming from transition,
      e) spatial instruments for new socio-political negotiations,
      f) parallel systems which exist in the Western Balkans and European Union,
      g) emerging networks between the cities in the Western Balkans,
      h) other missing studies.

      At each city along the route, Lost Highway Expedition will interact with
      the projects of local organizations and groups about the issues they find
      relevant for the future of their own contexts. In tandem with a wide
      international network, participating local organizations so far include:
      ŠKUC (Ljubljana); Platforma 9.81, Kuda.org (Novi Sad), Prelom kolektiv
      (Belgrade), Belgrade SMS, Missing Identity (Kosovo), Press to Exit (Skopje)
      and Pro.ba (Sarajevo), and more participants will be added to this
      preliminary network.

      The expedition program and events will result from the interaction between
      the local and the traveling participants. The collaboration between these
      different cultural organizations, artist groups and individuals may include
      very different forms of participation, discussion or production. By
      blurring the boundaries between the roles of host and guest, LHE aims to
      examine and negotiate emerging territorial concepts and societal networks
      in the Western Balkans and their implications for the future of the
      European Union.

      As the Lost Highway Expedition is a self-generating open source network,
      you are encouraged to invite other people, groups or organizations to join
      in. You are expected to self-organize, support, and realize your journey.
      You do not have to travel or stay together, and you can enter and exit the
      expedition for any length of time and at any point. To start creating our
      temporary community even before we meet along LHE, we invite you to
      register and contribute to the expedition’s exchange platform at:
      www.europelostandfound.net, There, you can find your possible project
      partners, travel mates, or practical information, and you can also help
      construct the infrastructure and the content of the platform with your
      projects, skills and contributed information.

      Lost Highway Expedition is about participation, education,
      self-organization, networking and exchange of knowledge and resources. Many
      traveling minds will build a traveling consciousness, in which people are
      connected while staying individually different. Aiming to locate or invent
      the future, we will be moving in order to discover where we are going. Our
      voyage to the unknown territories of the future implies that the future is
      not only to be found, but also constructed, and this is what we would like
      you to do….
      Contact:
      info@...