CfA: International Summer School on on Intellectual Property Law, Prahova Valley (Romania), 22.8-3.9.2004

  • Diana Crangasu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2004
      Dear colleagues,

      We are pleased to present you some information regarding the
      International Summer School on Intellectual Property Law which will
      take place in Romania, on the Prahova Valley, between August 22nd and
      September 3rd 2004.

      We apologize if you read this announcement on many other lists (even
      though this means that we’ve done a great job by promoting the
      project!) but if you consider that others would be interested on it, we
      are kindly asking you to forward it to them.

      The greatest challenge of the beginning of the 21st Century is the
      acceleration of technical changes and innovation, that has created a
      new competitive dynamism in a range of markets sometimes collectively
      referred to as the “new economy”.
      This so-called “new economy” has become almost synonymous with the
      information technology industries including computer software,
      hardware, and Internet-based businesses and associated technologies
      such as wireless communications.
      Baring in mind the economic potential of using the Internet and yet
      the importance of protecting the ideas upon which development is
      based, The European Law Students’ Association-ELSA Bucharest, The
      Romanian Development Law Association-IDLO Alumni and Nestor Nestor
      Diculescu Kingston Petersen-Attorneys & Counselors gathered their
      experience and resources in order to provide 25 law students with
      knowledge on the subject.

      ACADEMIC AGENDA OF THE EVENT (8 courses and a moot court competition)

      Course 1 -“Connection between property, the protection of intellectual
      property and the Internet”
      Course 2- “Infringement of copyright in the digital age”
      Course 3- “Trademarks and domain names”
      Course 4- “The use of patents in information age”
      Course 5- “Protection of trade secrets in information age”
      Course 6- “Information about legal research on the Internet”
      Course 7- “The protection of software”
      Course 8- “Internet and the protection of human rights and privacy”

      The guest lecturers invited to the summer school are highly trained
      professionals. Due to their international experience, this summer school
      shall be a wonderful opportunity to give new insights on already new
      topics or on new ones. Some of the lecturers shall also act as judges in
      the moot court competition.

      PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT

      The language of the summer school is English.
      The International Summer School How to Protect IP in the Digital Age is
      open to all European law students, undergraduates or graduates, with some
      experience in both intellectual property and the Internet. We are seeking
      the participation of enthusiastic young students, with a diversity of
      academic backgrounds and nationalities. Our ideal candidate is someone
      with some experience in international context, and who is dynamic.
      The maximum number of participants is 25!!!

      The deadline for submitting the application is 20th of July.
      You can download the application form from our website
      www.summerschool.ro starting with 27 of May.
      If you have any questions about how to fill the application form, do not
      hesitate to address it at office@...

      PARTICIPATION FEE

      The payment of the participation fee shall be made until the 10th of
      August. The participation fee is:
      100 EURO –participants from abroad
      30 EURO –participants from Romania
      The costs of accommodation transport from Bucharest to the venue and
      back, as well as the costs of the field trip, shall be covered by the
      organizers.

      We are waiting 4 YOU!

      Sincerelly yours,
      Diana

      Diana Crangasu
      Public Relations Coordinator
      "How To Protect IP in the Digital Age?"
      International Summer School on Intellectual Property Law
      Romania, 22nd August-3rd September 2004
      office@...
      fax/tel. :+4021 315.57.20
      www.summerschool.ro
      Organizers:
      The European Law Students'Association - ELSA Bucharest
      Romanian Development Law Association IDLO Alumni
      Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen-Attorneys&Councelors

      Partner of ELSA Bucharest: INDACO Systems