Query: Turks in French Political Arena/Immigrants in French Politics

  • deniz merdanoglu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      Dear All,

      I am a research assistant at Bogazici
      University,Istanbul,Turkey,and currently studying on
      my thesis on the Position of Turks in European
      Democratization Process.
      I would indeed appreciate if you may help me to
      reach Turks living in France who participate in French
      politics actively, via political parties (RPR, UDF,
      PS, FN, Communists, Ecologists...) or NGOs and
      relevant institutions, such as Conseil National Des
      Populations and Federations Des Associations De
      Solidarit� avec Les Travailleurs Immigr�s.
      I aim to elaborate whether or not the political
      participation and democratic implications develop at
      the expense of immigrant minorities in European
      Countries, and if yes, to which extent this situation
      affects the integration process.

      Thank you in advance for your time,

      Best,

      Deniz