CfP: Research Committee on Armed Forces and Society, Bucarest, 29-30.6.2002

  • Florian Bieber
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      Von: "Zirker, Daniel" <DZirker@...>
      Datum: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:53:32 -0700

      Dear Colleagues,

      This message includes information for registering for the Bucharest
      Conference of the Research Committee on Armed Forces and Society of
      IPSA, to be held in June/July of 2002 under the sponsorship of the
      Romanian Presidency, the Romanian military and the Romanian
      parliament. There are still a number of panel slots open--if you
      remain interested in participating, please send me a title, brief
      abstract, and contact information as soon as possible. The focus of
      the conference is on civil-military relations. Our latest newsletter
      and other posted information can be obtained at:
      http://www.msubillings.edu/dzirker/ArmedForcesIPSA99.htm

      Optimal arrival time will be on the afternoon of June 28. We will
      have a reception and dinner that evening. Panels will be held on the
      morning of the 29th through the 30th. An excursion is planned to
      leave early on the 1st of July and return late on the 2nd. Flights
      out of Bucharest would then be on the morning of the 3rd. The cost
      of the excursion will be about US$80, the exact figure for which
      should be posted on our web site by mid March.

      Registration for the conference will be US$130, and should be sent
      to me no later than June 1st. The registration will cover the cost
      of several of the meals, as well as other conference costs.

      Hotel reservations will be for the Capital Hotel. The cost is
      $66/night ($85 double) and includes breakfast.

      We have a central number/fax/e-mail and address that everyone can use
      for making their reservations. Also, when making their reservations
      each person (or couple, group, etc. that is traveling together)
      should give their flight arrival information (time, flight number,
      airline) to ensure that there is a car/van waiting for them at the
      airport. Larry Watts, our Bucharest organizer, has included 2 cell
      phone numbers of contact persons working with the hotel reservations
      and transfers as well, although these are for additional questions
      regarding accommodations, pick-up and departure. All reservations and
      information should be sent to the first address/phone/fax/e-mail.
      Participants should specify that they are attending the June
      Conference on Armed Forces and Society.

      Hotel reservations and airport transfer:

      MARSHALL TOURISM
      Blvd. Magheru nr. 43, et. 1, ap. 1
      Bucharest, sector 1
      Romania

      Phone/Fax: 310.0450 (from the U.S. - 011.40.1. 310. 0450)
      e-mail: hotel@...

      Contact persons for hotel accommodations and airport transfer: Lidia
      092.386.179 (from the U.S. 011.40.92.386.179) Simona 092.205.184
      (from the U.S. 011.40.92.205.184) or 223.1204 (from the U.S.
      011.40.1.223.1204)

      Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

      Very Best Wishes,
      Dan Zirker
      Chair/President
      Research Committee on Armed Forces and Society
      IPSA

      Dean
      College of Arts and Sciences
      Montana State University-Billings