CfA: Online Course, Introduction to Feminist Methodolgy Research [DL: 31/08/2011]

  • Ana Miskovska Kajevska
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2011
      NEW EDITION ONLINE COURSE ON INTRODUCTION TO FEMINIST METHODOLOGY RESEARCH

      http://pedagogia.fcep.urv.cat/simref/en/node/175

      Online Course 2011-2012

      We offer two virtual courses on �Introduction to feminist research methodology�.

      Calendar: 3th October 2011 - 30th April 2012

      Fee: 120 �

      Length: 60 hours aprox.

      Pre-registration: 24th July -31st Agoust

      On-line enrollment: (just for selected people) 5th to 23rd September .

      Programme (more information soon)

      1- From the debates of science's object/subject to the definition of
      feminists methodologies by Barbara Biglia (Universitat Rovira i
      Virgili)

      2- Feminist biology by Lynda Birke (University of Chester)

      3- In the Space of Feminist Work: the movement between qualitative
      research, art and film by Nirmal Puwar (To be confirmed) (Goldsmiths
      College, University of London)

      4- Deconstructing immigration: discourse analysis on intersections
      between gender, class and racism by Ilana Mountain (Universidade
      Federal de Minas Gerais and Manchester Metropolitan University)

      5- Feminist Research and Activism: Possibilities an d Challenges by
      Alexandra Zavos (Panteion University)

      This module addresses the topic of activist research as a
      methodological approach informed by feminist and post-structuralist
      theory, as well as discourse analysis. Some of the key issues which we
      will consider in our exploration of activist research include:
      positionality, interpellation and performativity; reflexivity and
      (intellectual) autobiography; co-construction as a political and
      representational practice; accountability and feminist politics of
      alliance. Working with key texts as well as our own reflexive accounts
      of activist and/or research experiences, we will try to address the
      intersections between epistemological debates, affective engagements
      and political practices, which are at the heart of this approach.

      Alexandra Zavos obtained her PhD from Manchester Metropolitan
      University on �The politics of gender and migration in an anti-racist
      group in Athens.� She has been engaged for many years in feminist
      anti-racist politics in Athens and Manchester and helped organize,
      together with other Greek and migrant women activists, a �gender and
      migration� initiative. She is currently based in Athens and is working
      as senior researcher for the EC funded projects GEMIC (www.gemic.eu)
      and MIGNET (www.mignetproject.eu), coordinated by the Gender Studies
      Center at Panteion University. Some of her research has been published
      in Das Argument (2006), Annual Review of Critical Psychology (2008),
      and Feminist Review (2010, with Helen Kambouri), as well as the edited
      collections Gender and Migration: Perspectives and Interventions
      (2010, London, Zed), and The Gender of Migration (2009, Athens,
      Metaixmio, in Greek).
      ====