New Link: Women and housing- Discussion

  • Tatjana Peric
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2011
      Dear All,

      What are the main concerns facing women and their land and housing
      rights in your country, or generally in Eastern Europe and Central
      Asia? I would like to invite you to take part in an online discussion
      on this topic, created by the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to
      Adequate Housing. Please find more information about the project here: http://righttohousingdebates.org/
      .

      You can join the discussion in several easy steps:

      - Please register here: http://righttohousingdebates.org/wp-login.php?action=register

      - If you wish, you are welcome to introduce yourself here: http://righttohousingdebates.org/?pauta=english-welcome-introduce-yourself&lang=en

      - Join the discussion and tell us what you think about women's land
      and housing rights in your country, or generally Eastern Europe and
      Central Asia: http://righttohousingdebates.org/?pauta=eastern-europe-and-central-asia-regional-discussion&lang=en
      .

      The discussion is of limited duration so I'd like to urge you to
      register soon and use this unique opportunity to express your concerns
      (but also ideas and recommendations) directly to the Rapporteur and
      other activists in this field.

      Please also help us by forwarding this announcement to other
      activists, professionals and scholars working in the areas of women
      and/or land rights, housing rights, human rights, etc.

      I look forward to meeting you again on the platform, and thank you in
      advance for your help.

      Best regards,

      Tatjana Peric
      Regional Focal Point Eastern Europe and Central Asia