372[balkans] New Members

  • Florian Bieber
    Oct 1, 1999
      We would like to welcome the following new members to Balkan Academic News:

      Yves Tomic. Editor of the journal of Balkan studies, Balkanologie.
      Research field : History of the" yugoslav space" and especially of
      contemporary Serbia, History of the Balkans.

      Sophia Clément has graduated in Political Sciences and International
      Relations in Paris. Has achieved PhD on Security Perceptions in the Balkans
      at the Institute for Political Science in Paris. She has been attached to
      the Centre d'Etudes et de Relations Internationales (C.E.R.I.)
      from 1992-1996, was a Senior Research Fellow at the Western European Union
      Institute for Security Studies (WEU-ISS) in Paris from 1996-1999, and is
      Special Advisor on Crisis Management and Balkan Issues at the Delegation
      for Strategic Affairs of the French MoD since October 1, 1999.

      Krassimir Kanev from Sofia, Bulgaria. I am currently a
      visiting professor at the Central European University where I teach a
      course on curch and state in several Balkan countries. I've got my
      PhD degree with a dissertation on the Frankfurt School from Sofia
      University in 1986 and have been teaching there different subjects
      since 1985. Currently I teach sociology in Plovdiv University and
      human rights in Sofia University. The scope of my interest is quite
      broad - I have been involved in research and published on interethnic
      and church-state relations in the Balkans, political development in
      Bulgaria, sociology of law, the Frankfurt School and on general and
      specific human rights developments in a number of European countries.
      I have also been actively involved in human rights monitoring and
      advocacy since 1985. At present I am the Chairman of the Bulgarian
      Helsinki Committee and a member of the Executive Committee of the
      International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights, the biggest
      European human rights network of organizations.

      Joe Parrish. I am part of a group of people who have been supportive of our
      local Serbian churches in Elizabeth, NJ. A fund raising event is scheduled
      on October 2 at St. Demetrios Greek church in Union, NJ.
    • Show all 187 messages in this topic