    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 10, 2012

      Things are beginning to come together at the arena!  Lots of cleaning and repairs have been completed, while others are well underway.  The biggest news from the arena is the hiring of Justin Davis as the Facilities Supervisor.  We are very excited to have Justin join our staff and are looking forward to a great season.

      Check out the schedule viewing capability that was just added to our website.  Wondering what is going on at the arena on a particular day?  Wanting a specific date or time to rent the ice?  You can now view the schedule for the arena through this link.  Please keep in mind that the schedule is continually being updated and this viewing capability is intended as a general overview.  To guarantee availability, contact the league office.

      All About Justin:

      I was introduced to the rink in the early 90’s.  A neighbor of mine (Doug Cunnington) started playing hockey and soon after my sister Sarah became involved.  Not long after that, the Bulls arrived and we housed 4 or 5 players over the years.

      I started playing ice hockey when I was 18 (1997-98) in the Novice Adult League.  Because I enjoyed it so much, I was able to convince several friends of mine to join thus giving the rink and local sports shops a little bit more business. I took a year to work and go to school before I joined the military.  I served for 8 ½ years as a Tank commander, gunner, driver and was also lucky enough to work with UAV’s (unmanned aerial vehicles).  One of the highlights of my time in the Army was when I played a pick-up game of hockey at one of the world’s largest malls located in Doha Qatar in the middle of the summer.                  After getting out I came back home to Billings and started in Real Estate.  I have been doing that for about 5 years now and am fortunate to rub elbows with some of the smartest, hard-working people I’ve ever met.  I am a member of the MCAHA as a player and self-educating referee.

      Because of my experience with the military, Real Estate and my wonderful family, I am ready to continue making the most out of any situation.  I look forward to earning the respect and business of every person or entity currently or soon to be associated with Centennial Ice Arena.

      BMC Hill Climb:

      One last call for volunteers to help with the Billings Motorcycle Club Hill Climb.  This is an event we have worked for the past four or more seasons, making a minimum of $1,200 each year for our volunteer efforts.  Please let me know if you would be interested in helping during this event.  Two adults are needed in four hour shifts.

      Board Meeting:

      The July board meeting will take place on July 16th, 6:30 pm at the Century 21 Realty offices on Shiloh Road.

      Coaches:

      Don’t forget coaches to register for a new season with USA Hockey and then complete the 2012-13 BAHL coaches registration.  You may begin registering with the BAHL on July 1st and we are asking that everyone who is interested in coaching have their registration complete by July 30th.  The Coaches Committee will be selecting travel team coaches August 1st.  House coaches will be chosen in late September.  If you have any questions, contact the league office.

      Play It Again Sports Dates:

      Computer stations will be set up at Play It Again Sports on July 28 and 29, 1:00-4:00 pm both days.  Kirk and his crew have some great deals planned for BAHL families who shop that day.  You don’t have to register at the store that day to take advantage of his BAHL specials – just come say hi and get your skater ready for the season!

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012