    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 26, 2012

      As quickly as the snow arrived, it goes away – only in Montana!  We had a great time last weekend with the Peewee tournament and now are gearing up for our Squirt travel tournament this weekend.

      Please remember that there are no regular team practices this Friday due to the tournament and the Mites will join the Learn to Play skaters at 1:00 pm on Saturday for their practice.

      Updated information on league service hours was sent out to each team manager and age group director.  Please check with them so you know what your total work hours are so far.

      This Weekend:

      Come out and watch our Squirts (ages 9 and 10) in their Travel tournament this weekend:

      Friday
      4:30 Billings #1 vs Billings #3
      5:45 Billings #2 vs Bozeman
      8:15 Great Falls vs Gillette

      Saturday
      8:00 Helena vs Bozeman
      9:15 Billings #3 vs Gillette
      10:30 Billings #1 vs Billings #2
      11:45 Helena vs Great Falls

      1:00 Mites & Learn to Play Practice
      2:15 Bozeman vs Gillette
      3:30 Billings #3 vs Great Falls
      4:45 Helena vs Billings #2
      6:00 Gillette vs Billings #1

      Sunday
      7:15 Play-In Game
      8:30 3rd vs 4th
      9:45 1st vs 2nd
      11:00 5th vs 6th (determined by 7:15 game)

      Montana Player Development:

      Information on the 2012 Montana Player Development Camp is attached along with a registration form.  This is a great development opportunity for players with birth years of 1999-1995, girls and boys.  Individual skill development is the focus of this camp and all skaters will receive a minimum of 6 hours of ice time along with off-ice training.

      Available Ice:

      There is plenty of available ice for rent the weekend of February 18-19.  This is a long weekend for our kids – great time for an extra practice or maybe a scrimmage.  Call or email for times.

      Summer Camps:

      The Billings Bulls have announced that they will again host a youth camp in Billings August 6-10.  As soon as more information is available, it will be distributed.

      Planet Hockey is looking for Camp Reps to help spread the word and fill the camp.  You can earn discounts on your player’s camp fee by participating.  If you are interested, please contact me.

      Board Elections:

      We are not far from our BAHL annual meeting which will take place in early April.  There are three open positions to be filled at this year’s elections.  Now is the time to start thinking about joining the BAHL Board.  All positions have a three-year term that begins with the next meeting following the elections.  Next month there will be more details about nominations.

      We have an immediate opening for BAHL Vice President which will be filled by appointment at our February board meeting.  If you are interested in this role, please contact the league office no later than February 6th.

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012