    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 19, 2012

      Wow – who asked for winter?!  If it wasn’t for the higher electrical expenses at the arena, I would have preferred last week’s weather.  Please be careful in the parking lot and on our stairs.  We have a plowing service to maintain our lot and our employees to keep the steps clear, but extra caution is always warranted.

      In last week’s update I mistakenly stated that the Mites were skating in Red Lodge, they were actually at a tournament in Cody.  This weekend, on Saturday, the Mites are skating in Red Lodge with their local hockey players.

      SCHEDULE CHANGE:

      Due to tournaments both this weekend (Peewees) and next weekend (Squirts), there will be NO team practices tomorrow or next Friday (January 20 and 27) – this includes the girls program.

      Lockers:

      Not sure what the printed locker room schedules are being used for, but someone sure likes having them anywhere but on our bulletin board.  I know that a lack of posted locker room assignments can create some confusion, but it is never okay for a player to move another player’s equipment from a locker.  A quick trip to my office or to the coach who is on the ice or a parent in the stands and a resolution could be determined.  A new schedule has been posted to the board – please do not remove it.

      This Weekend:

      The Peewee tournament takes over the arena this weekend.  Below is the schedule.  Friday night the Bulls are back at home playing host to the Bozeman Ice Dogs, game time is 7:30 pm.

      Friday:

      3:30 pm Razor City vs. Billings

      5:15 pm Bozeman vs. Saskatoon

      Saturday:

      7:30 am  Razor City vs Bozeman

      9:15 am Billings vs Saskatoon

      11:00 am Mites/Learn to Play Practice

      12:00 pm Squirt House Game

      1:15 pm Saskatoon vs. Razor City

      3:00 pm Bozeman vs. Billings

      5:45 pm  1st Seed vs. 4th Seed

      7:30 pm  2nd Seed vs. 3rd Seed

      Sunday:

      8:30 am Consolation Game

      10:30 am Championship Game

      Admission is free to all games and there will be some great baskets to win – come out and watch a game or two!

      Summer Camp:

      The early registration discount for the Planet Hockey camp this summer expires very soon.  You can reserve your skater’s place in the camp for just $99 with final payment not due until 45 days prior to camp (August).  Visit their website for registration and enter the following code for the discount: 169-216-1222657012031990

      Board Elections:

      We are not far from our BAHL annual meeting which will take place in early April.  There are three open positions to be filled at this year’s elections.  Now is the time to start thinking about joining the BAHL Board.  All positions have a three-year term that begins with the next meeting following the elections.  Next month there will be more details about nominations.

      We have an immediate opening for BAHL Vice President which will be filled by appointment at our February board meeting.  If you are interested in this role, please contact the league office no later than February 6th.

      406-256-1192

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012