    Message 1 of 92 , Nov 17, 2011

      This week’s Responsible Parent Sports tip:  Let there be an off-season.  Do something fun with your child that has nothing to do with sports.

      Please check out our “Black Friday” schedule for the arena below.  Plenty of opportunities to skate!

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and remember that there is no regularly scheduled hockey practices Thursday-Sunday, November 24-27.  The league office will also be closed Wednesday through Sunday.

      Theft:

      Thieves are back at it again this season already.  There have been reports of cars broken into and purses and the like being stolen on neighboring streets.  Please do not leave anything valuable in your vehicle while you are here.

      Wreaths:

      Wreath pick up will be Tuesday, November 29 and Wednesday, November 30 from 6:00-8:30 both nights.

      This Weekend!

      Friday 7:00 pm the adult hockey team, Stampede, has a scrimmage planned.  Saturday is a Bulls game 7:30 pm against the Gillette Wild.  During the first intermission of the Bulls game, our mites will be skating in a short scrimmage!  Following the Bulls game will be a public skate session.  This is a regular public skate, not a “skate with the Bulls”, and regular admission prices apply.

      Of course we will have public skate Saturday and Sunday 12:30-2:30 pm.  The public skate on Saturday is also a “PTA Skate” for those schools who have registered.  Skaters participating in the PTA skate get free skate rental and their schools PTA gets a donation from the arena for each skater in attendance from their school.  Haven’t heard about this at your school?  Have your school’s PTA officer contact the league office for more information.

      Black Friday Schedule:

      Friday, November 25th, come work off that extra helping of turkey and stuffing at one or more of our extra sessions.  10:45-11:45am:  U12 Drop-In, 12:00-2:00 pm:  Public Skate, 2:15-3:45 pm:  U18 Drop-In, 4:00-6:00 pm:  Mite 3 on 3 scrimmages, 8:00-10:00 pm:  Public Skate

      Goalie Equipment:

      We are looking for donations to our goalie equipment.  Needed are some larger pads, chest protector, glove and blocker.  Through donations and fundraising, we were able to purchase goalie equipment last season for our younger skaters

      Planet Hockey Camp:

      We will once again be host to Planet Hockey this summer.  If you are interested in helping promote this camp please contact me for more information.  You can earn a free camp with their promotion.

      406-256-1192

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012