    Message 1 of 92 , Sep 22, 2011

    Hello From The BAHL Office!

    This weekend Junior Hockey gets started in Billings!  The Bulls and Centennial Ice Arena play host to the Bozeman Ice Dogs and the Gillette Wild.  $5.00 admission to all games.

    FRIDAY:  Bulls vs. Bozeman Ice Dogs @ 7:00 pm

    SATURDAY:  Bulls vs Gillette Wild @ 7:30 pm

    SUNDAY:  Gillette Wild vs Bozeman Ice Dogs @ 5:30 pm

    Also on tap this weekend are a few U12 Thunderblades games:  Saturday @ 5:30 pm, Sunday @ 10:45 am and 4:00 pm.

    A revised schedule for our season is attached.  There is a separate schedule for October and one for the remainder of the season (November – March).

    Board Meeting:

    October’s BAHL Board meeting has been scheduled for October 17th.  This is a week later than our usual schedule.  The meeting will be held at the arena with a start time of 6:30 pm.  All future board meetings will be held at 6:30 pm instead of our previous time of 6:00 pm.

    Coaches:

    The BAHL never turns away anyone interested in learning more about the game of hockey by being a team official, referee or coach.  Coaching clinics for this season have not yet been set, but we anticipate late October or early November.  An additional clinic may be held in December as well if there is a need.

    ALL coaches must register with USA Hockey as a coach and also register with the BAHL as a coach.  If you have never coached before but are interested in doing so this season, please register accordingly so we can stay in touch with you and make notification of clinic information.  Once you are registered with USA Hockey and the BAHL as a coach, you may participate in on-ice practices and games until December 31st even though you have not yet taken a coaching clinic.  If you have not completed the proper certification by December 31, 2011, you will no longer be allowed to act as a coach during this season.

    Mouthguards:

    All Peewee, Bantam and Varsity travel players will be fitted for FREE mouthguards on October 2nd, 3:00-5:00 pm at their westend location:  1701 Avenue E, Suite A.  Please give Drs. Adam and Marlene Ostb and Dr. Bud Kastrop a big thank you for this wonderful service and for being a new sponsor of the BAHL!

    A second date for house skaters will be coming in early November!

    Tournaments:

    BAHL Tournament dates have been set!

    Mites:  March 16-18

    Squirt House:  March 23-25

    Squirt Travel:  January 27-29

    Peewee Travel:  January 20-22

    This will be in addition to any MAHA State Championship tournaments that we may be awarded.  Those tournaments will be awarded by MAHA at the end of September.

    Thank You:

    Thank you to the 5R Fund advisors of The Montana Community Foundation for their donation to help cover compressor related expenses this season.  Another big thank you to Kurt Pond and his crew for their tireless work to get our new compressor installed and to work through the subsequent kinks that have come up.  Kurt has donated much of his time and expenses for us this season.

    Communication:

    You may be receiving two emails if you are still subscribed to our BAHL Yahoo Group.  I will continue to send emails to this group through September and then will only use our new email system.  Only skaters registered with the BAHL for the 2011-12 season will continue to receive emails after September 30th

    Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012