    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 28, 2011

    Hello From The BAHL Office!

    Ice!  We have ice!  Just a thin, starting layer, but we are on our way to the start of another season!  Finishing touches are being made to paint in the building as well as a few projects that are not quite complete.  If you haven’t been to the rink this summer, you are in for a pleasant surprise!

    Our first event of the season is the Bulls Youth Camp, August 8-12.  If you have not yet registered, I believe you can still get your skater in the camp but do it quickly so they can plan accordingly for ice and meals.

    BMC Hill Climb:

    Thank you to everyone who has volunteered for this weekend.  We do have all time slots filled, although if you are still interested in helping out, we can always use another hand.  Let me know and I can put you on the schedule.

    Ice Painting:

    We will begin painting the ice logos July 30th at 10:00 am.  This is always a fun experience and the more help, the merrier!  Please consider coming out for an hour or two so you can see how this process takes place each season.  I will need to know how many helpers we have, so please contact me if you are able to assist us.

    Coaches:

    Please do not forget to submit your application if you are interested in coaching this season. You can access the coaching registration from our website on the Coaches Page.  Travel team coaches will be selected soon with house coaches to be determined in September.  Coaching clinics have not yet been scheduled, but every coach will be required to attend the appropriate age division’s coaching module even if your coaching card has not yet expired.  There are lots of new things happening for coaches this season so patience will be key as we all learn the new system.

    Schedule:

    Attached to this email you will find the 2011-12 season schedule (November-March).  Before opening it, please keep in mind that it is subject to change.  The main reason for changes to the schedule will be because of numbers in a particular division – more skaters than anticipated may mean the need for an additional slot, etc.

    This schedule is a new concept for the BAHL – 90 minutes blocks with 30 minutes of each block shared by two teams.  This format allows every team/division to have 3 hours of ice per week, with a minimum of 1 ½ hours of ice to each team/division that is not shared.

    You will also notice a new addition to our schedule:  Girls.  We will be starting a girls specific program this season.  I anticipate that the ice designated for Girls, will not be fully utilized until after Christmas break so this ice in November and December will be used for skills sessions.

    If you have questions on the schedule, please let me know.  I will also put this schedule in a downloadable format to our Youth Hockey page on the website.  A schedule for October will be coming soon -

    Tryouts:

    For those on tryout travel teams this season (Peewee, Bantam, Varsity), tryouts will be held September 7-11.  A complete schedule will be sent out next week.

    Facebook:

    The Centennial Ice Arena/Billings Amateur Hockey League facebook page is now active!  You can find the page by searching for either Billings Amateur Hockey League or Centennial Ice Arena.  I hope this will be another great tool for keeping arena users up to date on rink happenings.  Any suggestions for improvement of this page are welcome!

    Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012