    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 7, 2011

      Happy July everyone!  This means that we are in the home stretch of our “off-season” and have been working feverishly to finish but the list is still long.

      The week of July 18-23 we are planning our final push to finish projects that cannot be done once the ice is in and to clean before we open up.  Monday, July 18 through Thursday July 21 the arena will be open 1:00 to 8:00 pm for anyone who is willing and able to help out.  Saturday, July 23rd from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm the arena will also be open.  If you can come on any of these days, please bring oil-based paint brushes, rollers for painting, a cleaning bucket, rags and gloves.

      BMC Hill Climb:

      Volunteers are still needed for the Billings Motorcycle Club’s Hill Climb, July 30 and 31.  This is the same weekend that we will be painting logos on the ice so a lot of volunteers will be needed this weekend.  Please review the schedule below for the Hill Climb:

                      Saturday and Sunday:

                      8:00 am – 12:00 pm – 2 volunteers needed

                      10:00 am – 2:00 pm – 2 volunteers needed

                      12:00 pm – 4:00 pm – 2 volunteers needed (may not be necessary on Sunday to work past 2:00)

      This is a fairly easy job for us – we are there to check coolers for outside alcohol (which is not allowed at the event) and sell programs.  For our help, we receive a $1,000 donation and split the proceeds of all program sales.  Each program has a BAHL programs flyer to help get the word out about us.

      At least one person for each time slot must be over the age of 21.  If you are interested in helping with this event, please email me which shift and the day you are available to work.

      Board Meeting:

      Reminder that the BAHL Board meeting will be moved to the Century 21 offices at 1605 Shiloh Road.  Meeting is July 11 @ 6:00 pm.

      MAHA has begun accepting nominations for Age Group Commissioners for the 2011-12 season.  If you were a MAHA commissioner last season, please let me know if you intend to continue this season.  If you are interested in being part of MAHA in this capacity, please send me an email.  The nominated persons will be voted on at the end of this month.

      MAHA has also created a Girls Director at Large board position.  In the past, MAHA has had a Girls “representative” participate in the board meetings, but this was not a voting position.  Again if you might be interested in this position, nominations are being accepted with the intent to fill the position by

      In lieu of one specific person selling our league sponsorships and signage, it has been decided to pay you, our BAHL members, for any sponsorship received.  Here’s how it will work:

      1.       Valid for new sponsors or signs only.  Existing sponsors or signs are not eligible.

      2.       Contact the league office via phone or email with the company name you would like to contact.  If that company has not been reserved by another member, you will have the okay to contact them and be given marketing materials explaining our sponsorships for presentation to the company.

      3.       You will be given 10% of the sponsorship value.  This is not a credit to your account or fees, but a check made payable directly to you equal to 10% of the signage or sponsorship value.  ($500 wall sign sold would generate a $50 payment to you).

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012