    Message 1 of 92 , Jun 2, 2011

      Busy, busy!  Things are really happening at the rink.  The painter is done and gone, our compressors have been worked over in preparation for the new season, the leaning dashers are no longer leaning (not as much at least), board room floor is prepped for carpet, yellow kickplate replaced, the concrete walls have been repaired and the leaking sprinkler system over the player benches is about half-way to completion.

      That is just the beginning!  We have a very long list of items which still need to be completed prior to our August 8th start date.  Please take some time from your summer schedule to help get your arena ready during the schedule below:

      The week of June 13th is our volunteer work week.  Specifically, June 14, 15, 16 the arena will be open 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm and on June 18th it will be open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.  Work to be done:  various sanding projects (power sanders needed, please), dasher and glass cleaning, caulking around the arena and painting trim areas around the arena.

      It would be very helpful to know how many helpers we will have during this week so if you plan to come out with us, please send me an email with what date you plan to work.  If you cannot attend the specific dates above but would like to help out, please contact me.

      The middle of July we will have a clean-up week to give the arena a good scrubbing and finish any projects.  At the end of July on the 30th and 31st we will once again ask for your help in putting our ice down and painting lines and logos.

      ALL WORK PERFORMED WILL BE APPLIED TOWARDS YOUR LEAGUE SERVICE REQUIREMENT.  Please remember to sign-in on the volunteer sheets at the main entrance.

      Mailing:

      You will be receiving a mailed BAHL Update this week along with a Bulls camp flyer and BAHL registration information.  Please take a minute to read through all the information.  The work schedule is listed along with information about our annual volunteering at the BMC hillclimb this summer and detailed information about each of the BAHL committees which will be getting started this summer.

      Registration:

      The early registration discount is available until the end of June for those that wish to pay in full.  Your savings will be $75 per child registered.

      Please remember that you must first register your skater with USA Hockey before registering with the BAHL.

      Committees:

      If you would like to serve on a BAHL committee for next season, now is the time to let us know.  Committees include:  Governance, Marketing, Coaches, Equipment, Strategic Planning, Facilities/Building & Capital Improvements, and Age Group Director/Team Manager/Tournament.  The mailed update has a full description of each committee along with the committee chairperson who you can contact for more information about being a member.  You can also contact me if you already know which committee you want to be involved in.

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012