    Message 1 of 92 , Nov 4, 2010

      Howl-O-Ween was a huge success and thanks to the Billings Bulls & Oz Fitness players and coaches, 5,000 flyers were distributed to trick-or-treaters this past Saturday and Sunday.  Our next sessions of learn to skate and learn to play will begin after Thanksgiving, so this was a great opportunity to spread some hockey excitement!

      Please remember that the remaining balances of player fees are now due.  On that note, the Board has finalized the scholarship process for this season.  If you or someone you know is looking for assistance with a portion of their fees or wanting to register for our house program but the cost is keeping them from contacting us, please let them know that scholarship help is available.  An application is required.  Please contact the league office to receive the application.

      Holiday Parade:

      The BAHL is going to have an entry in the Downtown Billings Holiday Parade on Friday, November 26th.  Your involvement is requested (and needed)!  There are many ways to get involved in this activity!  We will need the following donations:  a quiet generator, cardboard boxes to build our “set”, boxes of various sizes wrapped in Christmas paper, 2 small recliners (large, or overstuffed recliners will not fit), Christmas lights, monetary assistance to help cover the cost of other supplies (any amount is appreciated) and last but not least, hockey players and figure skaters to walk next to and ride on the float!  We will also need a handful of adult volunteers to walk with the float as required by the parade rules.

      Connie Murphree and Amber Guge have volunteered to oversee this event.  If you are interested in helping or have some items to donate, please get in touch with me (or them directly, if you have their contact info).

      Wreath Fundraiser:

      This fundraiser is in full swing and many of you have commented on how many wreaths that have already been sold!  If you have not yet received the information on our wreath fundraiser, please contact your Age Group Director, Team Manager or myself in the league office.  This fundraiser started October 25th and will continue to November 12th.  All orders must be turned in to the league office by November 12th to be included in our November 30th delivery date. Remember that $10.00 of every wreath sold is credited to your skater’s account or a refund check will be issued if your fees are already paid in full.  There is no limit to the number of wreaths that a player can sell and your player gets a $10.00 credit for every item sold!

      Mentor Program:

      I left out a vital piece of information last week when I introduced this program.  This program is designed by USA Hockey who sets the standards for us to follow – one of these standards is that mentor’s must be a minimum of 13 years of age.

      BAHL Board Meeting:

      This Monday, November 8th @ 6:00 pm will be the BAHL Board meeting.  Remember that two significant items will be reviewed during this meeting:  for the first hour of the meeting comments will be taken on the proposed changes to the Mite, Squirt and Peewee divisions as outlined in my last email.  Also on Monday is the deadline for submitting a proposal to operate a hockey shop in the arena.

      Website Update:

      Now available for viewing on the website – a few of the photos taken during the ADM clinic.  There is a new page to our website “Photos”, which is at the bottom of the navigation bar on the left of the website.  If you see a picture of your child posted but do not wish to have them available on the website, please let me know right away and I will remove the picture (s).  This was a fantastic day of skating fun for the players and coaches alike –

      Available Ice:

      The arena has plenty of available ice for purchase if your team is wanting some additional practice time or to invite a team in for a game or two.  Call or email me if you are interested in what dates are available.

      Until next time!

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012