  • Director
    Message 1 of 92 , Sep 2, 2010

      Doors!  We have new doors!  If you haven’t been to the rink recently, you will be in for a pleasant surprise at the main entrance.  The doors no longer slam behind you, nor are you in as much danger of losing a limb if you get caught by the door!  Thank you to Granite Door for the great doors and to Dave Jones for his time and energy to install them.  The player entrance doors will be installed in the next week.  If weather and time allows, these doors will be painted before our season gets fully underway.

      I would like to welcome Chris Muri to the BAHL staff as a Volunteer Coordinator.  She will be in charge of our volunteer staff at all Bulls games and will assist with the scheduling of volunteers for larger events such as tournaments or competitions at the arena.

      Registration:

      Tonight is the last registration date at the rink from 5:00 – 8:00 pm.  If you cannot make this registration, please contact me at the office for a time to register before tryouts.

      Calendars:

      For those skaters who chose to participate in the calendar fundraiser, the calendars have arrived!  You can pick up your reserved group of calendars at the skate room.  Please sign the list next to your players name when you pick up your calendars.  Please contact me if you have any questions or if you want to sell the calendars but didn’t let me know earlier.

      Learn to Play Hockey:

      Volunteers to help with the equipment distribution for our first session of Learn to Play Hockey are still needed.  September 7th 6:00 – 8:00 pm is the date/time.  Send me an email if you are available and willing to help out.

      If you are looking for a way to be more involved in the growing of our league, consider volunteering as our Learn to Play Hockey Age Group Director.  This group of skaters needs an age division director who can help them learn more about the BAHL, their membership options, fees, and travel along with communication with these parents for scheduling changes, etc.  With a successful head coach and age group director, this program can really add to our house program.

      Bulls Game Volunteer Schedule:

      My apologies for the errors that were in the last email I sent out on this volunteer schedule.  The Squirt A and Peewee A teams were each scheduled a Bulls game that actually was an away game.  Please see the new games for those two teams and remember that once we officially have our travel teams set and the MAHA schedule for each travel team complete, adjustments can be made:

      SQUIRT A

      11/26 AND 1/7

      PEEWEE A

      11/7 AND 12/5

      An Introduction is due:

      David Crooks, owner of Rocky Mountain Concessions and a long-time BAHL supporter, will be running our concession stand this season.  The BAHL Board and Mr. Crooks have agreed to have our concession stand run by Rocky Mountain Concessions for this season as a trial period.  If all goes well, the agreement may be extended for additional seasons.  Concession stand volunteers WILL be needed and used this season for all Bulls games, public skates, MAHA games, house games and tournaments.  Rocky Mountain Concessions employees will be used at the cash register for every event along with our volunteers.  If we do not have enough volunteers to effectively cover an event, Rocky Mountain Concessions employees will be used.  The BAHL will share in the profits from the concession stand with this arrangement so your volunteer help is still needed.

      Bulls Games:

      September 16th @ 7:00 pm is the first chance to see your 2010-2011 Bulls in action.  Volunteers are needed for this game as well as the first two regular season games on September 24 and 25.

      Welcome Adults:

      New to our website is an adult hockey page.  This page has their league registration and contact information along with the adult drop-in schedule and a link to their website.  Check it out at www.centennialicearena.net

      Until next time!

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012