  • Chandra Picicci
    Message 1 of 92 , Feb 25, 2010

      Hello from the BAHL office!

      The toe-picks invade the ice this weekend!  You can begin early by watching the last of the Olympic figure skating on television tonight, then come out to the rink anytime Saturday and watch our own future Olympians compete in many different events.  Don’t forget to also watch team USA take on Finland in the Olympic semifinal game Friday!

      Just a heads up – the league office will now be locked when it isn’t occupied.  If you need to leave something for me, please slide it under the door or use the mail slot next to the door.  If you need something from the office, let me know ahead of time so I can put it out for you.

      This weekend at Centennial:

      Friday, February 26th:

      11:00 am  Figure Skating Test Practice

      12:30 pm Open Figure Skating

      2:00 pm – 8:00 pm  Figure Skating Test Session

      Saturday, February 27th:

      8:15 am  Figure Skating Competition

      12:00 pm  Learn-to-Skate Lessons

      1:00 pm – 8:00 pm  Figure Skating Competition

      Sunday, February 28th:

      1:00 pm  Public Skate

      3:15 pm  Learn-To-Skate

      Ice Anyone?

      We just happen to have ice available this weekend on Sunday morning before public skate.  I know it’s last minute, but if you are in need of an extra practice – give me a call.  There is also ice available the weekend of March 19th.

      Tournaments/Events:

      March 4-7:  High School State Tournament – NO BAHL practices or games on all days

      March 12-14:  Mite House Tournament

      April 9-11:  Adult Hockey League Tournament

      April 16-18:  Big Sky State Games

      Schedule Changes:

      -          NO BAHL practices or games March 4th – 7th due to High School State Tournament

      Upcoming Events:

      -          Mite Move up meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3rd during Mite practice at 6:00 pm.  I will be there to discuss the Squirt program and answer any questions parents with Mite players moving to Squirts next season might have.

      -          Annual Board Meeting & Elections will be held April 7th at 6:00 pm.  Meeting will be held at the Mansfield Center on the St. Vincent Healthcare campus.  Keep those names coming to me for nominations to the board for next season!

      -          Big Sky State Games is April 16 – 18, 2010.  Visit www.bigskygames.org for registration forms and more information on putting together a hockey team to compete!

      -          Billings Bulls Youth Hockey Skills camp at Centennial August 2-6, 2010.  The Bulls will be returning this summer with Al Bloomer and other guest coaches to provide over 12 hours of on-ice sessions as well as off-ice, dry land training.  There will be more information when it becomes available on our website in the Youth Hockey link.

      -          Planet Hockey is coming back to Centennial August 9-13, 2010.  Visit this web page for more information about our camp:  http://dnet.planethockey.com/camps/.  We will also have Planet Hockey brochures & registration forms in the lobby by the concession stand.  If we fill this camp, Planet Hockey makes a donation back to our league!

      Let Your Voice Be Heard:

      Parent meetings have been scheduled!  These meetings will each be attended by at least two board members.  The meetings are a way for you to have a say in what happens in this rink and with your hockey program.  Each meeting will last only as long as the practice during which they are scheduled.  Parents that attend are asked to bring their ideas, suggestions, and/or concerns in writing so they can be kept for consideration when formal season planning takes place this summer.

      These sessions are not the place to air direct concerns about a specific coach, parent or player.  If you have this type of concern, please send it in writing to either myself or to the BAHL Board.

      The schedule for these meetings is as follows – please attend during your player’s age division:

      Mites:  March 10th @ 6:00 pm or March 17th @ 6:00 pm

      Squirts:  March 9th @ 6:00 pm

      Squirt A/B:  March 11th @ 6:00 pm

      Peewee A:  March 16th @ 7:15 pm

      Peewee B:  March 15th @ 7:15 pm

      U15:  March 15th @ 8:30 pm

      JV:  March 16th @ 8:30 pm

      Varsity:  March 9th @ 4:45 pm

      Please remember that these meetings are intended for Board members to listen to your ideas, your positive comments about the program and your concerns regarding the program but not a place to engage in arguments or long discussions about what might be or what might have been.  If you have any questions about these meetings, please give me a call –

      Yeah Squirts!:

      Congrats go out to both our MAHA Squirt travel teams!  This past weekend in Butte , the Squirt B team took third in a field of 7 teams!  Their final loss was to Butte who ended up winning the State B Championship.  At home in Billings , the Squirt A team won the State A Championship!  It was a great weekend of hockey and many thanks should go to all the squirt parents, coaches and players for putting on a great tournament.  Congratulations to all the Squirt players – way to go!!!

      Next Season:

      Beginning next week, your age group director or team manager will have the registration packet for next season available at your practice!  I will also have the registration packet on our website at www.centennialicearena.net for you to print at home if you desire.

      League Service:

      We have two major tournament events left this season where you could get those last few hours of league service completed:  High School MAHA State Tournament, March 4-7 and the Mite House Tournament, March 12-14.  If you are interested in helping out, let me know and I will put you in contact with the appropriate person.

      Many Thanks:

      Granite Door Company was in the rink last week and repaired the orange locker room door, including a new lock.  Thank you!  We have a great group of businesses that have been very gracious in their donation of supplies and time to help us maintain and fix this rink.  Please, players and parents remember that this rink is ours and it’s all we have.  Let’s do our part to keep it maintained and in good repair!

      League Director, Billings Amateur Hockey League

      256-1192

      director@...

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012