  • CIA/BAHL League Director
    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 7, 2010

      Hello from the BAHL office!

      Good Morning from Centennial Ice Arena!  I hope everyone is staying warm today.  The Norpac Winter Showcase is officially underway.  These three days are a great opportunity to see teams that do not usually travel our way.  Try to make some time and come watch a game or two!

      This weekend at Centennial:

      Today, January 7tth, starts the Norpac Winter Showcase at both Centennial Ice Arena and Rimrock Auto Arena.  Following is the schedule for Centennial Arena:

      January 7th:

      9:30 am  Yellowstone Quake vs Tri-City Titans

      2:00 pm  Butte Rough Riders vs River City Jaguars

      6:30 pm  Missoula Maulers vs Puget Sound Tomahawks

      January 8th:

      9:30 am  Missoula Maulers vs River City Jaguars

      2:00 pm  Bozeman Ice Dogs vs Puget Sound Tomahawks

      6:30 pm  Helena Bighorns vs Tri-City Titans

      **Following the 6:30 pm game on Friday, January 8th will be public skate**

      January 9th:

      9:30 am  Helena Bighorns vs River City Jaguars

      2:00 pm  Butte Rough Riders vs Rouge Valley Wranglers

      6:30 pm  Yellowstone Quake vs Eugene Generals

      TICKETS:  Tickets will be sold on a per day basis or you can purchase a pass that will get you to all games at that venue.  PLEASE NOTE:  TICKETS PURCHASED AT RIMROCK ARENA WILL NOT BE VALID AT CENTENNIAL, NOR WILL TICKETS PURCHASED AT CENTENNIAL BE VALID AT RIMROCK ARENA.  If you want to watch games at both venues, you will have to purchase separate passes.  A day pass for games at Centennial Arena is $10.00.  A weekend pass for all three days and all games at Centennial Arena is $25.00.

      Ice Is Available!

      -          Ice available for purchase:  January 30th:  12:30 – 2:00 pm and 4:30 – 6:30 pm.  Call or email me if you are interested in the ice!

      Upcoming Events:

      -          January 7th:  During the Bulls games at Rimrock Arena, the Mites will be skating between periods.  During the January 8th game the Squirts will skate and at the January 9th game also at Rimrock Arena, the I.P. players will skate.  If you haven’t gotten the info on how this will work, please contact your Age Group Director for details.

      -          Bitterroot PTA will be part of our public skate on January 23rd – If this is your school and you belong to the PTA, come out and skate!  Skate rental is free to Bitterroot PTA members and we will also be donating $1.00 of each admission back to the Bitterroot PTA association.  They will skate with us again on February 13th and March 27th.

      MAHA Hockey Festival:

      The Montana Festival is put on by the Montana Amateur Hockey Association (MAHA) and gives players in Montana a chance to compete and meet other players in their respective age groups from around the state.  All boys (birth years 93-97) and girls (birth years 92-97) who are residents of Montana are invited to participate.  There will be two festivals this year, the girls in Bozeman on February 19, 20, 21, 2010, and the boys in Helena on February 19, 20, 21, 2010.

      The cost for participation at the festival is $100.00, of which you receive a jersey and at least 5 hours of ice time with some very good instruction.  This year the purpose of the Montana Festival is for skill development, coaching improvement, and the selection of players to represent Montana at the Northern Plains District Development Camp.  Girls and Boys selections for the Northern Plains District Camp (NPDC) will occur during this development camp weekend only.  Due to concerns about the costs incurred with travel to various venues and the NPDC from previous years, there will be no other scheduled activities (i.e. tournaments) for select team players at this time.  Practices for those players selected may be held in April 2010 to prepare the players for the NPDC.

      Forms and more information are available on the MAHA website:        www.mthockey.com

      Cool Happenings:

      Over Christmas break, Centennial Ice Arena hosted a number of public skate sessions.  They were very successful – the rink took in $3,500 in public skate revenue and $765 in concession sales (these figures don’t take into account expenses in the arena for those events, of course).  For the Sunday sessions, we are logging close to 100 skaters!  Thanks to our great volunteer crew who helps us keep more of these profits in our rink pockets!

      Avalanche Raffle:

      Want to see the Colorado Avalanche play?  Want to watch them from a luxury box?  Yes?  Then you will want to purchase a raffle ticket for $5.00 to win 4 tickets to see the Avalanche vs. the St. Louis Blues on March 6th from a luxury box at the Pepsi Center in Colorado !  Raffle tickets can be purchased starting January 7th during the Norpac Showcase at both Centennial and Rimrock Arenas.  Drawing for the winning ticket will be during the January 30th Bulls game.  All proceeds from this raffle go to the BAHL.

      Housekeeping Items:

      Our house (Centennial and BAHL) is getting a bit tidier, but we are still working on a few items, namely registration forms and league fee payments.  I will be contacting your age group director and/or team manager regarding missing forms that are required for your player to be on a team or skate with the BAHL.  Please help us out by completing any necessary forms quickly so we can move past this.

      Big THANK YOU’S:

      We would very much like to give a big thank you and round of applause to:  Dave Jones (it is so nice having doors that actually close), Hertz Plumbing, Tractor & Equipment Co., JR Electric.  Their time and effort to help with repairs is greatly appreciated!

      League Director, Billings Amateur Hockey League

      256-1192

      director@...

      Message 92 of 92 , Sep 20, 2012