BAHL Update: Thank You to Our Members!

  • Sean O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
    To the Members and Key Partners of the BAHL:

    During this week of Thanksgiving, we'd like to say a special "Thank you" to all you have done to help build our ice sports programs in the last several years.  Without a doubt, we've had our challenges but working together we've found a way to tackle them and move things forward.  On behalf of all of our youth hockey players, figure skaters, and community members of Billings, thank you for making this happen.  It is very much appreciated.

    To keep you informed with some of the things going on around the league, here's a quick update:

    GM / League Director Update
    About a month ago, we notified you that Jeremy Sedilitz had submitted his resignation and that we were accepting applications for a new League Director.  After further review of our situation, and an assessment of what needs to be done at the rink, the BAHL Board has decided to defer the hiring of a full-time GM to a future date, and instead will be posting for a Part-Time League Administrator (see Job description attached).  We anticipate this role to work between 20-25 hours per week, and would like to have all interested applications submitted via email to BAHLBOARD@... by Monday, November 30th.

    Sponsorship Activity
    As a League, we have acquired a number of Corporate Sponsors through this season that we would like to recognize for their support of youth hockey:

    AMP, Athletic, Medicine & Performance/Yellowstone Surgery Center
    Cynergy Marketing
    U.S. Bank
    Wendy's
    Bresnan Communications
    Water Specialties
    Jones Construction/Granite Door
    Sir Speedy Printing
    KULR 8
    KTVQ
    ...and several more on the way!

    We still have plenty of sponsorship opportunities available, with the chance to purchase dasherboard space for $2000, wall signage for $1000, and various other opportunties to get businesses recognition for their support of Billings Youth Hockey.  If you bring in a sponsorship to the League, 35% of whatever net proceeds you raise will go directly to the team/age group of your choice to help offset costs associated with playing the sport!  Any sponsorships should be directed to me at sodonnell@..., and we'll get them signed up!

    We are also actively seeking someone to help us work on generating sponsorships and raising funds.  We are prepared to  commission someone to come in and work on behalf of the BAHL in this effort.  Please contact us at BAHLBOARD@... with interest

    Programs Update
    While numbers are down both in the BAHL and across USA Hockey, there are plenty of reasons to be excited about our position.  Our Treasure State League teams continue to perform at very competitive levels of play, and several of our house based programs are showing amazing numbers.  Free IP has grown significantly since we started actively marketing the program, and our U15 house rec league is approaching 50 kids in that group.  You may have also noticed an article in the Billings Gazette, and our television advertising that was done with the help of Cynergy Marketing, Bresnan, KULR and KTVQ.  Any help you can provide to help our programs grow would be more than welcome!!

    Our next Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 30th at 6p in the CIA board room for all of those who'd like to attend.  Thanks to all, and have a great Thanksgiving!!!

    Sean O'Donnell
    on behalf of the BAHL Board