BAHL Membership Update - May 31, 2008

  • O'Donnell, Sean
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 6:44 AM

      BAHL_Template_1.gif

      BAHL/CIA Membership Update

      May 31, 2008

      So our original intent was to only pester BAHL Members and Major CIA customers once a month during the summer months, but there sure is a lot going on so we're making every effort to keep you informed.  This edition includes information about the BAHL/CIA General Management position and many key dates, so please read this one carefully!  Thanks for all of your continued commitment to ice sports in Billings

      General Management Position

      The Executive Committee of the board will begin meeting next week to evaluate the job description and compensation package that will be made available to a qualified candidate to lead our facility and league.  We have already had a great deal of interest in the position, but if you are interested in being considered for the position please email a resume to the BAHL Board at the e-mail address bahlboard@yahoogroups.com.  More information on position specifics will be available by next Friday, and our intent is to have someone hired not later than July 31, 2008

      .

      Ice Plans & Big Sky State Games

      The current plan to re-lay ice at CIA is to begin the process of getting the ice in on July 11th or 12th, with the intent to have the ice first available as early as July 16th but certainly by July 18th in time for the Big Sky State Games!  We will definitely need volunteers to help with painting the ice on Sunday, July 13th or Monday, July 14th, so let us know if you can help out (especially those with great experience in laying the ice)!  AND, don't forget to get your team together for the Big Sky State Games and register today!  See the Big Sky State Games website at bigskygames.org!

      If there were activities tentatively scheduled prior to the 16th of July that you are aware of, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly to discuss rescheduling these.  Due to fiscal and volunteer availability considerations, we are unable to practically lay the ice prior to the dates list above.  We apologize if this has caused inconvenience, and are committed to work to make this right.

      Also, we will have ice available for sale after July 20th to those coaches looking to get a jump on next season...get your ice reserved as soon as TODAY by contacting Candi Korf (ckorf@...)

      Coaching Applications

      The coaches committee has issued Applications for Coaching out to the general membership, and the deadline for return of these will be July 1st.  If interested, please get these in as soon as possible, or, if you need a copy please contact Mike Hass, Leading Practices committee leader at michaelhass@...

      Age Group Meetings

      Dates have been set for the annual Age Group meetings with the BAHL Board to discuss any issues and or League Structure items that you might like to discuss that can be taken to the MAHA Annual Meeting in July.  These are open to all members, and are done by 2008/2009 Age Groups as follows:

      June 17th      Mite 6:30-7p,

                              Squirt 7-7:30p

                              Peewee 7:30-8p

      June 24th      Bantam 6:30-7p

                              U-16/U-18/HS 7-8:30

      All meetings will be held a CIA

      Rink Cleanup Days!

      Everyone is well aware of the fact the rink needs a good scrubbing every year to get us ready for the season.  Given some of the changes to how things are working, we're asking you to pitch in 2-4 hours of your time on Saturday, June 28th, or Sunday, June 29th to come in and scrub, clean, and paint parts of the rink that need some desperate attention.  Jase Norsworthy (jasenorsworthy@...) and Glen Korf (gmkorf@...) are organizing the event and "to-do" activities, so your volunteerism would certainly be appreciated.  Stay tuned for more information on this program next week!

      -

      BAHL League Fees for 2007/2008

      There are still quite a number of members that owe fees from the 2007/2008 season.  If you are in this category and already aware of this debt, please contact Candi Korf (ckorf@...) to have this taken care of as soon as possible.  Individual notices are being sent to those still owing money, and a significant late fee will be applied if not cared for by June 30th, 2008.

      CIA Website

      We are in the process of cleaning up and making more useful the CIA website...we hope to have this back up and going next week.  Content and information in these updates will be included as appropriate on the new website.  Thanks in advance for your patience!

      2008/2009 Registration

      While not all of the final details for registration have been worked through just yet, you can expect registration forms and information to be coming out in June.  To help the financial position of the League, it is also very likely that we will be placing some level of volunteering commitment in place so that all members can help create a fantastic environment at CIA.  Stay tuned for more details!

      BAHL@...

      If you have not yet registered on the BAHL@... website to continue to stay informed of key events within the BAHL and CIA, please do so as soon as possible as we will be using that as our main distribution mechanism going forward.  If you need help with this, please contact the Marketing & Communications leader, Rob Gagnon at rgagnon@....

      Next Board Meeting:

      Monday, June 9th @ 6p at CIA

      Thanks, all, we appreciate your membership!

      BAHL_Template_2.gif

      BAHL_Template_Background.gif

      BAHL_Template_Bottom.gif

    • O'Donnell, Sean