Come beat the heat--help lay ice!

  • Jeremy Seidlitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009

      League Members, Figure Skaters and Men’s League Players

      It is that time of year, ice is going to return to Centennial Ice Arena!  The following is the tentative (I hope this cool weather holds) schedule Mike Hass and I have come up with, including the number of folks we would like to have help out:

      ·         Thursday, July 8th AM – clean the concrete slab (staff).

      ·         Friday, July 9th AM – second pass cleaning and sanitize the slab, turn on cooling system (staff, call volunteers if needed).

      ·         Sunday, July 12th AM – install and mist drywall tape around the boards (staff plus 2 volunteers).

      ·         Sunday, July 12th PM – 10:00 pm, (depending on temperature) first flood with fire hose.

      ·         Monday, July 13th AM – mist floor with boom x3 (staff plus 2 volunteers).

      ·         Monday, July 13th PM – 9:00 pm,  paint and seal with boom x 3.  This will take approximately 4 to 5 hours of labor and we need 9 people.

      ·         Tuesday, July 14th AM – measure and paint the lines, face off circles & dots, and goal creases.  We need 3 to 4 people throughout the day.

      ·         Tuesday, July 14th PM/Wed July 15th AM – paint and set the 6 logos in the ice.  We need 4 to 5 people to help out with this throughout the day.

      ·         Wed July 15th – mist 4 to 5 layers with boom to seal ice.  We need 3 to 4 people to help out with this.  Once the ice is set, our staff can use the Zam to complete the process.

      As you can see this is a very daunting task, and we urge everyone to help out as, “many hands make light work.”  Please let me know when you will be able to help out so I can coordinate our efforts to make sure this is as smooth and efficient of a process as possible.

      Best,

      Jeremy