BAHL Tax Deductible Expenses

  • Jeremy Seidlitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2009

      League Members,

      Just a quick note about tax deductible expenses for the BAHL.  League Fees are NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE—even though you write a check to a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization you can not deduct your child’s hockey expenses from your taxes.  The “benefit” you receive is that your child can skate.

      However, if you were to donate $500 of professional water proof paint, that would be deductible as the “benefit” you would receive is only the piece of mind that we can repaint our showers—you could deduct that from your taxes.

      Best,

      Jeremy