353BAHL Update

    Dec 2, 2010

      Another weekend of hockey at the rink – imagine that!  Friday we start off with the U18/Varsity team playing at 7:00 pm and again Saturday morning at 8:00 am against Havre.  Saturday evening at 7:00 pm and Sunday morning at 10:15 am the Varsity team takes on Butte.  We finish the weekend with the Billings Bulls taking on the Helena Bighorns which should be a great game.  Your Bulls have played very strong the past few home games – come show your support this weekend!

      Thanks to everyone who took part in the wreath fundraiser!  The wreaths were very well received by our members and their customers.  Speaking of fundraisers – if you are interested in an opportunity to help decide our fundraisers for next season, please contact me.  I would like help determining what our league should do and would truly appreciate having a fundraising coordinator to help with the details of our fundraising efforts for next season.

      A HUGE THANK YOU to Connie Murphree and Amber Guge (and ALL the other volunteers) for the fantastic job they did on our holiday parade float!  It turned out to be a great evening to participate in this event and I have already received phone calls from interested new skaters who took home one of our cards from the parade.

      Bulls Game:

      December 18th the Billings Bulls play at home against Missoula.  This game is not assigned to any team or age division.  This is a great opportunity for you to get a few more volunteer hours worked.  Let me know if you would like to be scheduled for this game.

      Upcoming Schedule:

      An early reminder that during the week of Christmas break there will not be BAHL hockey, unless your travel team has games scheduled.  This means December 24 through January 2nd is a no hockey time.  We will have lots of extra public skate sessions during this week – check the website for a full schedule.

      December 29th during the U18/Varsity game we will be recognizing our graduating seniors – the BAHL has 9 seniors this year.  The team would like to invite any BAHL member to come out for a great game and give a round of applause to these seniors who have been with us for so many years.

      Sponsors:

      I think it is time that we recognize those sponsors that help us every season with either donations of product or services, or monetary donations.  Without these sponsors your hockey fees would be substantially higher.  Please do your part to give a thank you to our sponsors sometime during the season with a visit to their place of business or a simple phone call.  They would really appreciate the acknowledgement!

      Pierce Flooring, Sir Speedy, Cynergy, Bresnan, Yellowstone Surgery Center, Lamar Design, AMP, Little Caesar’s Pizza (heights location and Grand), Wendy’s, Mattress King, Duke’s Concrete, Northwest Pipe, Kenco Security, FunFoto, Tire Rama, Crowley & Fleck, Cellular Plus, The Montana Community Foundation, Jones Construction, Holland & Hart, AllState Insurance, and Billings Motorcycle Club.

      Travel Team Photos:

      Next week at your travel practice will be team and individual photos.  Photos will be taken again this season by Lou Ann Madden of FunFoto Design.  Your team manager has a time schedule for photos and the order forms.

      Until next time!