2639Tuning time - is there a convention regarding damping one another's drones?

  • dave
    Mar 23, 2009
      Yeah, I know, probably not the most hotly discussed topic in the history of the group, but I'm still curious.

      Our Pipe Major is a short gentleman.
      So short in fact that when standing with his pipes, he can't reach the top of the bass drone.
      Hardly a unique situation, I'm sure.
      It has lead to other pipers lending a hand while we're tuning the chanters. This has now spread and we're all pretty much helping each other damping the drones while tuning.

      It seems to have sped up the process and I was wondering if other bands behave similarly or if we're just being silly.

      Send word.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic