Re: [Bagpipers] need a tune

  • Jean Hayes
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
      ...I can only imagine the insanity that would result trying to play a tune like that on a GHB.

      *******
      Okay, a little philosophy here.

      Why would you try? Seems like all this playing of tunes that have notes that the pipes don't have is like trying to play tennis with a football.

      Our instrument has a unique scale, a unique sound, and we should play music that enhances it. Same with harp, a unique instrument. If you choose a tune that takes so many lever-flips that the audience is more aware of your physical antics than with the music, then what's the point?

      Play pipe music on pipes, harp music on harp, and if you want to show off chromatically, get a piano!

      Jean
      ...purist

      Powered by Dnet Internet Services - www.dnet.net
    • ali
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 7 2:16 AM
        Hi all,
        I need the tune Lord Of The Dance.

        Thanks in advance,
        Ali.
        P.S.I will be in California end of April- mid May is there any pipeing
        events during that period.
      • LesMatheson
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 7 4:18 PM
          I've got it in .bww or can send it in a graphic. I will put it in the
          files folder. It is "Simple Gifts".

          Les

          --- In bagpipers2@yahoogroups.com, "ali" <happyaliruth@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > I need the tune Lord Of The Dance.
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Ali.
          > P.S.I will be in California end of April- mid May is there any
          pipeing
          > events during that period.

        • Alan Willis
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 8 8:57 AM
            need a tune. I need O'er the Chinwind in bww format

            LesMatheson <matheson31@...> wrote: I've got it in .bww or can send it in a graphic. I will put it in the
            files folder. It is "Simple Gifts".

            Les

            --- In bagpipers2@yahoogroups.com, "ali" <happyaliruth@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            > I need the tune Lord Of The Dance.
            >
            > Thanks in advance,
            > Ali.
            > P.S.I will be in California end of April- mid May is there any
            pipeing
            > events during that period.

            Wind instrument Bagpipes Bagpipe for sale Highland bagpipe Bagpipe chanter Bagpipe lesson

            ---------------------------------

          • ali fra
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 10 8:21 AM
              hopefully someone can convert it . sorry only have it in pio.

              Ali.

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 10 2:28 PM
                I'm interested in getting some smallpipes, but I'm confused by the
                tuning. I guess what I'm hoping for is that I can play all of the music
                I already have on the smallpipes. Is that true? I hope so, but how is it
                there are so many different keys? I'm confused. Can someone set me straight?

                Thanks!
                -S
              • Gary Krueger
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 11 3:23 AM
                  Be aware that they come with two or three drones (I believe) if there are 3 drones then they are tuned as follows:

                  Bass Drone Low A
                  Tenor Drone Low A (octive)
                  and then there is the middle drone a Baratone Drone tuned to E.

                  Play a C after tuning and you have played an A chord.