Worlds

  • bobnorris2002
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 14, 2010
      Anybody hear Slots Medley? Oh Man!
    • Rob M
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 15, 2010
        Slots? Or Shotts? (Shotts and Dykehead)

        --- In bagpipers2@yahoogroups.com, "bobnorris2002" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Anybody hear Slots Medley? Oh Man!

      • Michael Simmons
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
          Slot baby! nobody puts together a medley like terry tully. so well deserved.

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
            Oops! My mistake. Yes, St Laurence O'Tool's medley was awesome!

            --- In bagpipers2@yahoogroups.com, Michael Simmons <mickaleen11@...> wrote:

            > Slot baby! nobody puts together a medley like terry tully. so well deserved.
            >
            > On Sun Aug 15th, 2010 11:29 PM EDT Rob M wrote:
            >
            > >Slots? Or Shotts? (Shotts and Dykehead)
            > >
            > >--- In bagpipers2@yahoogroups.com, "bobnorris2002" <bob@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Anybody hear Slots Medley? Oh Man!

          • Pam Brownlee
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
              Just fielded a phone call from a corporate representative who wanted to rent
              20 kilts.

              When I explained that we didn't rent kilts, the woman said, with some
              annoyance, that she did a search on bagpipers in Louisiana, and our name
              came up. She wondered if she got the wrong number.

              I explained that yes, we are bagpipers, and we wear kilts when we play
              bagpipes, but that we weren't a kilt rental agency. She was confused, but I
              gave her the number of a couple of places I knew that rented kilts, and sent
              her on her way...

              Maybe I'm the one that is confused -- do pipe bands often offer kilt rental
              as well?

              Pam

            • SlaverockTX@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
                never rent out band kilts.......many never come back.,.....from past
                experience

              • Jeanne Hayes
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
                  We rent kilts, Pam. Any time, anywhere, and all the time.

                  www.scottishtartans.org
                  828-524-7472
                  Ask for Matt - tell him I sent you.

                  Jean

                  Sent via the WebMail system at email.dnet.net
                • carol thompkins
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
                    My band only rents out kilts with pipers and drummers wearing them!
                    Besides, we paid for 1/2 the cost of the kilts and a lot of our uniform as
                    well. We are a small band. I might rent out my kilt for $600 a day.....

                    Carol

                    On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Pam Brownlee <brownlee@...>wrote:

                    > Just fielded a phone call from a corporate representative who wanted to
                    > rent
                    > 20 kilts.
                    >
                    > When I explained that we didn't rent kilts, the woman said, with some
                    > annoyance, that she did a search on bagpipers in Louisiana, and our name
                    > came up. She wondered if she got the wrong number.
                    >
                    > I explained that yes, we are bagpipers, and we wear kilts when we play
                    > bagpipes, but that we weren't a kilt rental agency. She was confused, but I
                    > gave her the number of a couple of places I knew that rented kilts, and
                    > sent
                    > her on her way...
                    >
                    > Maybe I'm the one that is confused -- do pipe bands often offer kilt rental
                    > as well?
                    >
                    > Pam

                  • Pam Brownlee
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 16, 2010
                      Jean,

                      Actually, I gave her Matt's contact info. He's my favorite kilt guy!

                      Pam

                      _____

                      Sent via the WebMail system at email.dnet.net

                      01:35:00